Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:41:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Natureform Nom45
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Natureform Nom45  (Read 5872 times)
joshua

Personal Text

« on: February 22, 2010, 10:15:19 AM »

I have found  a Natureform nom 45 incubator and hatcher for sale for $500 for both  is this a good deal? Are they good bators how many chicken eggs can I put in it? Any kind of info I can get on them would be great pros and cons. I was gong to buy a sportsman or build a sportsman.They have been setting for 3 years though. What do I need to check and look for when inspecting them? I can't afford to lose my butt on these.
backcountry
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 06:02:53 PM »

those are HUGE bators and thats a steal they are like $17,000 new think the are like 10000 eggs +
Bird Brained
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 06:51:51 PM »

I've had several of the 45's.  Which rack design do they have in them?

Call natureform, they can tell you how many chicken eggs it will hold when converted over.  My current 45 holds 5,000 quail eggs.

I also have a 125 model so double the the capacity of the 45 unit.

the noms are a very nice upgrade over the sportsmans.  Have the guy plug them in and run them up to temp and see that they hold.  You are not getting taken at that price.  I think your post must be a 'brag' on the find you have there!!!  If you don't buy them, send me a PM of the contact info of the person selling them and I'll go get them  :grin:
joshua

Personal Text

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 07:28:01 PM »

Not braggin  might when I go check them out if I purchase them. I don't know anything about them. He said they were set up for ostrich but he got them for chickens and now uses a sportsman. He said he had a few chicken trays but not many said he used egg cartons and set them on the turner.   was in the market for a sportsman but if these are good i am going to get them. Might sale them and buy 2 sportsmans I don't need anything this big. Are they 110 volt or 220 volt. i figure 220. but can't find any info on that. i would appreciate anymore info. you guys could give.     
joshua

Personal Text

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 07:29:50 PM »

Wife said he told her they are both incubators with the turners. Not a incubator and a hatcher.
Bird Brained
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 07:48:06 PM »

They are 110volt.

The stainless steel racks just slide right out so taking them out of one to use it as a hatcher is no big deal.  You can just build some hatching trays or buy the plastic baskets that stack and sit them inside.

That price is $500 for both - right?  Not each?  What a steal. Even at $500 each you're not loosing money and they'd still be well worth that price if they work and aren't beat up really bad.

joshua

Personal Text

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 07:58:15 PM »

Yea 500 for both   $250 each. He said they both worked when he put them up. Said we could hook them up and everthing to make sure the work. How long does it take for the turner to work or is there a way to test it to see without having to stay there all day. He said he had all the water hook up and everything for them. 
bucking-horse

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 10:21:43 AM »

Just read you post nom 45 in 1997 sold for 8500.00 the dolly was for emu it was a roller dolly.The dolly for quail cost me 1100.oo when I converted it for quail.I would say buy them.That is a steal if you havent already.Depends on the dolly in them some can be converted real easy.You will just need the egg trays.You can get them at gqf.
                                                                        Chris in southwest Ga

chris williams
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »