Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:56:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Individual State/Country Discussion
| | |-+  Connecticut
| | | |-+  Connecticut Gamebirds (Mallards)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Connecticut Gamebirds (Mallards)  (Read 3101 times)
wpalmisano

Personal Text

« on: June 24, 2010, 01:20:23 PM »

Hello all. NO topics posted in CT ? Lol. I raise quail, pheasant and Mallards. The mallards are a lot of work and I am going to drop to 3-5 of them. Just enough for some hatching eggs in the spring. I can't let them free due to coyote predation. The missing cat posters here in town are two and three deep, lol. I have had to run a couple of them off. However the only bird i have lost was a quail killed by a "house cat" Won't see him no more. Our coyotes are quite large here, genetically 20% TIMBER WOLF, I don't have a lot of experience with the mallards but made a duck tractor, about 12x3 or 36 feet, with a heavy lockable coop and heavy gauge wire and a pen about 12.5 x 15 which is much roomier. i currently have 15 ducks which I rotate. My issue is the droppings. There is a lot of it. I am looking for advice on the droppings, is there a way to use them and a way to keep it somewhat clean?
   Also, what would be the best way to sell them ? Breeding pairs ?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »