Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:32:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  chick-n-barn
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: chick-n-barn  (Read 5693 times)
steve30947

« on: March 17, 2009, 03:48:04 PM »

i was looking at a chick-n-barn for some quail. they want $339 to buy it. does anyone know where to get the plans to build it?  dk2
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 05:37:59 PM »

Steve - you really need to learn to give us more details !

No idea what you are talking about !  ???
steve30947

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 05:58:09 PM »

here is a picture of what it looks like and the link  http://www.critter-cages.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=85
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 06:10:30 PM »

Looks easy and simple to build on your own, without plans, to me.

If you are not good with "winging it" then do you know someone that is good at it ?

May cost you a lot less that way.
kingwolf
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 06:59:03 PM »

ya it dosnt look too hard to build and you wouldnt have to do all the details on it like the barn shape coop and would cost probably about 1/2 the cost of buying it or maybe even less...thanks for your time.

Chukar Partridge, California Valley Quail, Gambel Quail, Mountain Quail, Chestnut Blue Scale Quail, Snowflake Mexican Speckle, Tennessee Reds, Georgia Giants, Blonde Bobwhites, Dark cross bobwhites and always growing!
bkvail

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 07:25:54 PM »

I saw one of those at the feed store I get my feed from - it was a nice design.  I say take a tape measure to the feed store and write down the dimentions and build one yourself for 1/3 that price :)

Don't be so open-minded your brains fall out!
steve30947

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 08:11:16 PM »

the outside is no problem how should i make the inside for the quail? all open or with nesting boxes
kingwolf
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 12:10:40 AM »

I'm not completely sure but i would say if you are getting quail for the eggs to hatch then yes i would put in nesting boxes but i would ask Reeves or another senior member about that seeing that they would know much, much more about it than i would I'm a newbie to gamebirds.

I do like the design though i might copy the coop part for my new quail I'm going to get but i will make the outside part much bigger... thanks for your time

Chukar Partridge, California Valley Quail, Gambel Quail, Mountain Quail, Chestnut Blue Scale Quail, Snowflake Mexican Speckle, Tennessee Reds, Georgia Giants, Blonde Bobwhites, Dark cross bobwhites and always growing!
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 09:13:46 AM »

If you're talking about Bobwhite Quail you're wasting your time completely if you think they'll even go inside an enclosure of any kind and hang out.  I don't have any experience with other types of quail, so I can not elaborate on them.

Build as big of a pen as you can and put up a piece of metal roofing for them to get under if they want and to put feed/water under.  That's about all they need or will use.

There's a young fella on here that built something similar to that and had posted pictures on here. Even his avatar was a picture of it.  I'll see if I can find it (His parents were divorcing and he had to leave it behind)  :-|

Again, I wouldn't waste my time building much of any shelter for BW's. Been there, done that.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 09:33:04 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 10:47:44 AM »

A young lad on this forum had to sell out. He had what you are looking at:
http://www.thatquailplace.com/smf/index.php?topic=5101.0

Here is the topic he started on building it : http://www.thatquailplace.com/smf/index.php?topic=3827.msg20015#msg20015
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 10:54:08 AM by Reeves » Logged
steve30947

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 04:11:39 PM »

thanks for the link and all the advice. i had bobwhites a few years ago and build a pen for 9 of them i had nesting boxes and thats where they laid all their eggs. i wasn't sure if i just had a weird batch of quail or thats what they always did.
TENNESSERED

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 04:38:31 PM »

I don't mean to argue with anyone, but I have a covey of bobwhites running around with my white pea fowl and they love to spend time in the 8 X 10 house I built for the pea fowl.  They also love to spend time on the perch, but only during the day.  At night they always sleep outside
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »