Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:02:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Individual State/Country Discussion
| | |-+  West Virginia
| | | |-+  What do I need to do?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do I need to do?  (Read 9908 times)
Garbax

Life happens while your making other plans

« on: December 01, 2008, 09:56:55 PM »

I bought my family farm in Spencer WV, (7 Acres), I want to start raising quail and grouse, I have looked for info on what permits I would need if any to raise, release and perhaps sell the birds/chicks. Can anyone help me out.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

When Pheasant Hollow reads this he will help...He is from WV.  s016  to the forum....

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Garbax

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 11:43:48 PM »

Thanks Slider, I am so anxious to get started, I am so glad I found this site, it has answered so many questions for me already, Pheasant hollow is only a half hour away from me, maybe he will let me visit him someday for some first rate lessons.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 04:54:53 AM »

I bought my family farm in Spencer WV, (7 Acres), I want to start raising quail and grouse, I have looked for info on what permits I would need if any to raise, release and perhaps sell the birds/chicks. Can anyone help me out.

Garbax,

s016 to the boards.. PM sent your way in reference to licensing and permits in WV.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »

Garbax, he is a he!! of a good guy!!!!!!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 06:20:04 AM »

Garbax, he is a he!! of a good guy!!!!!!!

Slider,

I spoke with Garbax yesterday afternoon. I gave him the info that was needed and told him to call anytime he needs more help or advice. Nice fella and a well spoken individual.

It is always nice to see more people in this state that are interested in getting into the wild game bird industry, whether it is for pleasure or for possible profit.

My district DNR always give out my phone number to the interested parties looking into this venture.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 09:45:39 AM »

s016......Garbax

Garbax

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 07:14:28 PM »

Thanks Again Pheasant Hollow. My wife and I have decided to start with Silkie Chickens, we have had them before and loved them. That should get me "broke in" on incubating and such. I am still on this site every day looking at posts and learning,. I would still like to visit your farm Pheasant Hollow as you obtain much knowledge on all topics that I need to learn about.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 12:46:29 AM »

Thanks Again Pheasant Hollow. My wife and I have decided to start with Silkie Chickens, we have had them before and loved them. That should get me "broke in" on incubating and such. I am still on this site every day looking at posts and learning,. I would still like to visit your farm Pheasant Hollow as you obtain much knowledge on all topics that I need to learn about.

You are welcomed to stop by, just give me a call ahead of time.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »