Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:57:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  temperature gages
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: temperature gages  (Read 2124 times)
the-quail-dude
« on: May 26, 2005, 03:02:01 AM »

i was woundering if it is posible to use a normal thermomiter like the ones that we use to read our temperature. :)  :)  :)
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 06:54:03 PM »

i use teperature and humidity combos from walmart cost about 14 bucks and work great if you want to check humidty you put whole unit in incubator
Hardhead
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 11:42:40 AM »

I have used the walmart temp/humidity digital product and really like it. Just put the outside temp probe in the bator and if a need to check the humidity just set the whloe unit in the bator for about a minute. I was having trouble keeping a constant temp using the supplied therm. in the bator but the digital was a much better way to monitor without even looking at the bator. I might also pass this along to those hobbiest ...I put 3 bators in an old refridgerator and the humidity stays hi all the time without adding much water. the vents on the bator increase the humidity in the whole refridgerator and is pretty constant. The fridge also resolved the problem I was having with night time and daytime temps being sooooo dramatic. The bator would heat up to hot or get to cold depending on the temps. I know the better incubators dont have this problem but the little giant ones do.But the old fridge resolved that problem it would keep a constant temp by using the vent heat from the bators. Well I am getting carried away now but just had an excellant hatch at 85% so I am proud of my "backyard/use what ya got" setup
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »