Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 12:11:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Raising Chukars
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Raising Chukars  (Read 5696 times)
Buckbriar
« on: August 09, 2004, 12:27:55 PM »

I'm fairly new to raising gamebirds and this forum and have found the forum extremely helpful - thanks everyone!

Question:  Does anyone have any suggestions concerning keeping Chukars  on the ground in a fly pen.  For instance, are there any preventitive medicines that will increase the chances of success or is wire bottom the only way to go?  I want to market them to a hunting preserve.
                                                                        Thanks.
birdinwithblue
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 03:54:20 PM »

i'v raised about 60 chukars in the last 2 years. hope to have a lot more next year . before i put them in the flight pen this year i got 50 pounds of salt at a farm & home store. i tilled it in the soil two weeks before i let them out . i was told from a bird farmer that raises 1000's of pheasants every year to do this . for quail also . now how do you tell the difference from hen and roster ? a guy wants a pair of them and they all look a like to me . lol
power
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 05:25:15 PM »

delet
EdenFarm
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 06:43:01 AM »

I raise about 500 or so a year and raise them on wire. They all go to hunting preserves with no problem. They are extreemly fast and hard flying. I sell out of them very quickly. Jack
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »