Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:28:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Mosquito Invasion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mosquito Invasion  (Read 3248 times)
cv
Expert Member

« on: July 08, 2009, 01:57:21 PM »

Mosquito Invasion Exposes U.S. to Dengue Fever, Study Finds - NatGeo News Watch - http://shar.es/huWF

TENNESSERED

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »

Sort of scarry!  I lived in Southern Mexico for two years and then in Taiwan for 10 years where Dengue is found and you don't want to catch it.  In souther Mexico they call it "break bone feaver" because of the terrible chills shaking and terrible muscle spasiims which make you feel like your joints are going to break. 
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 11:15:21 AM »

Why isn't anything like this on the news?  Instead of what brand of toilet paper is preferred in the White House by its occupants?   I never knew that I would see the day that the mainstream media had lowered itself to the same level as the National Enquirer (tabloids), in terms of credibility.

This is more of what people need to know, minus the opinions given as fact as to it's cause.............

"At a national and international level, strong climate legislation is needed to slow global warming."

The "global warming" issue, seems to be a catch-all for absolutely everything these days. Isn't it possible that human travel is the sole cause of the spread of these critters/disease.?.?   

dh2

mkey1

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
cv
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 07:44:50 PM »

it is scary and yes, I don't think the issue is getting enough attention either.  I agree, humans would be the main cause of spreading these and other insects around the globe. but - if they live long enough, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of  migratory birds.

Maybe we all ought to put up some warning signs of some sort. I thought the one below was interesting.

What do you think?

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 08:10:26 PM by cv » Logged
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 09:23:04 PM »

That appears to be a sign of the US government carrying around a peasant citizen?

i9

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »