Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:57:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Gamebird Business Aspects
| | |-+  Commercial Bird Suppliers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Commercial Bird Suppliers  (Read 5472 times)
mark

« on: August 09, 2008, 10:02:17 AM »

This may be a silly question, but I will ask anyway.

How come a lot of the books I read about raising Bobwhites, Coturnix, Pheasants, talk about how to set up for breeding all year long. None of the sites that I have seen have those birds all year long, so why do they tell you one thing but then its something else.

Mark
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 10:11:32 AM »

There are many gamebird farms that produce eggs and live birds all year. It is more so with quail..If you keep 14 to 16 hours of light on your breeders each day they will continue to lay through out the year and of course during the winter months you mush have them in a place that the eggs will not freeze...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
mark

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 10:53:16 AM »

I do year round breeding with my quail, but an outfit like Strombergs does not and I wanted to know why they dont.

mark
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 08:25:15 PM »

[quote author=mark
I do year round breeding with my quail, but an outfit like Strombergs does not and I wanted to know why they dont.

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 08:32:30 PM »

that was nice  (not)    what I meant to say is I am no expert but I think company's like Stromberg's and mac Murray's are mostly if not all mail order. the USPS freezes enough birds in the spring. let alone trying to ship in winter.

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 11:48:16 PM »

Not me I look forward to the break...of course I am old....

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 01:04:06 PM »

mark

mark,

Strombergs, is a broker. They do not raise. breed, or have any birds on site. All birds ordered through them come from independent farms.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »