Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 12:18:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Gamebird Business Aspects
| | |-+  The rising cost of feed!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The rising cost of feed!  (Read 142172 times)
quailfarm7
Expert Member

« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2008, 01:25:17 PM »

I hate to say it but just wait until they figure out how bad it is in the midwest. Corn is over $7 a bushel and they lowered their numbers on what they think will be harvested.

Adam Straub
www.straubsgamefarm.com
Quality bobwhite quail, chukar partridge and pheasants (started and mature.)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2008, 01:34:17 PM »

I hate to say it but just wait until they figure out how bad it is in the midwest. Corn is over $7 a bushel and they lowered their numbers on what they think will be harvested.

Adam,

I know, I spoke with my supplier(the owner) this morning, he told me he's paying $7.50 bushel on corn. Wheat and Oats are even higher.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
quailfarm7
Expert Member

« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2008, 01:37:50 PM »

Wheat came down today its right around $8 a bushel now. It was close to $7 before everything started flooding and the corn was down close to $6. It went up fast this week. Maybe they will get more beans planted now since it is later in the season. Then starter with higher protein will go down and corn prices will stay through the roof.

Adam Straub
www.straubsgamefarm.com
quailfarm7
Expert Member

« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2008, 01:48:25 PM »

Soybeans is around $15.50 right now. I think as long as we keep hearing bad news out of the midwest we will see them hitting all time highs everyday. This stuff is going to put a lot of people out of business and the hobby people are even going to be thinking about what they are doing with 50lb bags nearing 18-$20 a bag if this keeps up.

Adam Straub
www.straubsgamefarm.com
Quaillover1953

« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2008, 09:09:20 PM »

Feed will probably go thru the roof in the next few months in our area because the flood ruined  about 85 percent of the crops by the time waters out of fields, it will be too  late to replant. Corn prices jumps around up and down every week we get feed. The mill grinds the grain for us and we buy small amounts of bulk. We have 150 layering hens. And now trying to raise a few Quail( which I know nothing about). Chickens I can do.But these little burgersare real different. I've never had a chick jump out of the incubator on me and the adults were alot stronger than I was ready for..
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2008, 06:10:00 AM »

Last Sunday, the 22nd, I was at Tractor Supply to purchase a 15 gal sprayer, and noticed that their price of Whole corn, 50lb bag is now priced at $8.90 Two weeks ago it was at $7.40.

Even the wild bird food has taken a huge increase, along with the HI-Protien Dog Food. I was paying $12.50 for 50lbs of country value(made by Diamond) and now it is up to $15.95.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »

Steve how much Protein% and Fat% does that Country Value have in it??I feed Diamond but have never seen the Country Value.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2008, 01:07:09 PM »

Steve how much Protein% and Fat% does that Country Value have in it??I feed Diamond but have never seen the Country Value.

I don't remember, I will see if I can find a bag..

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2008, 02:26:17 PM »

I don't remember, I will see if I can find a bag..

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider,

Country Value Dog Food made by Diamond is in the Blue Bag.

Protien Minumum: 26%
Fat content Maximum: 18%

The Country Value Blue bag will have the marking 26/18

The food is bite size, swelling when water tested is at a minimum. So if you get this and the dog eats a fare share and drinks quanities of water, the dogs stomach wil not bloat due to the dog food.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Quaillover1953

« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2008, 10:05:12 PM »

Well i was right. Bought feed yesterday,corn up 2.00 per hundred lb. Laying mash up 1.90 per hundred. dog food up 1.50 per 50 lb bag in two weeks time Dang it!!!
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2008, 10:23:43 PM »

OK Steve thanks I am going to look for it man that Diamond adult and the puppy is up to 26.00 for 40 lbs..26/18 is not bad...Diamond is the best dog food that I have ever feed..and I have feed alot of them..

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2008, 11:48:53 PM »

dog food up 1.50 per 50 lb bag in two weeks time Dang it!!!

Wasn't horse used for dog food?  If so, those who don't know will be tickled to know that the last slaughterhouse for horses was closed in the USA. Now they are shipped to Canada and Mexico....processed.....then shipped back.    ???

Pure Genius's!!  There should be some politicians behind bars for supporting such an injustice.   Maybe ole Hussien will straighten it all out?    j47    s47

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2008, 08:29:32 AM »

Kill a cow but cant kill a horse ??? ??? ??? ???

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2008, 10:45:01 AM »

slider,

What are you feeding protein% and fat% in the off season? I only feed my dogs the higher Country value during the hunting season when they are working.

During the summer months, I cut back and use Pride Dog Food. This is also the bite size.

The protein minimum  is 22%
and the Fat minimum is 10%

The Pride Dog food is manufactured by:

Hyland Company
P.O. Bix 29
Ashland, Kentucky 44105
(606) 928-4011

The website:http://thepridedogfood.com/

Their dog food also contains OMEGA -3 and OMEGA -6 which seems to darken their stools considerably. Not black, but a real chestnut brown.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2008, 10:47:38 AM »

This formula Pride 22/10 is $13.99 a bag of 50lbs.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »