Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:35:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Site Announcements/Promotions/Feedback
| |-+  Site and Forum Announcements/ Feedback
| | |-+  Larry/Admin RE: State License and N.P.I.P./AI Certified.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Larry/Admin RE: State License and N.P.I.P./AI Certified.  (Read 5877 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« on: January 31, 2008, 05:20:26 PM »

Larry,

I think it is about time that anyone that offers For Sale or trade, either in the Buy and Sell forum or the Auctions/Ad's forum   live birds or eggs, state whether or not they are a licensed game bird breeder, and if they are licensed, what state they are located in, and include the current license number.

It seems that no one fills out the profile and it is starting to get a little annoying having to find out where these new members are located.
It should also be stated whether or not the licensed game bird breeder is both N.P.I.P. / AI Certified or not.

Larry, I do understand that most states do not require State Certification of N.P.I.P./ AI for the sale of wild game birds within their state, as this is the case of West Virginia, but any importation of said birds or eggs, must follow with the proper paperwork.

We do not need birds/chicks or eggs being sold, traded, or bartered on this site that are not meeting the requirements of state guidelines.

The offering of wild game birds, whether adults, chicks or eggs on this site, in my opinion, should include all the information above to protect the potential buyers, and if the buyers should feel the necessity to check the individual licensee of that state he/she has the option to do so.

Respectfully,

Steve Kay
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »