Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:59:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Bird Dog Topics
| | |-+  Pharoh Quail
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pharoh Quail  (Read 4067 times)
Rask
« on: September 08, 2005, 03:47:07 PM »

Hi,
  I just bought some Pharoah Quail yesterday in order to train my Brittany, but I don't know if the call back pen works on them like it does for the Bobwhites. So if anyone knows please tell me.  Thanks
ridgetop
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 10:22:02 PM »

I have never had any luck with them recalling...Where did you by them are they flight conditioned real well? My advice to you is to take one out without the dog dizzy it and flush it to see how it flys,because usually a dog will catch them they dont fly good,but hope urs do for you..As for the recall no good on them..I use Huns,Chukars,Valley quail they are recall as the same with the bobwhites...good luck
Rask
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 11:50:28 AM »

Thanks Ridgetop. I'll have to try them out to see how it goes. They are flight trained and I got them from B&D game farm in Oklahoma. I'm 17 and these are my first birds I've ever owned, and hunting dog. Also, what do ya'll feed your birds. They came crated with potatoes and so thats what I've been feeding them, as well as bread. Thanks
rushcreek

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 01:09:07 PM »

The potatoes were only for the trip home. I'd get them so game bird feed, scratch, and grit.

Rush Creek Quail Farm
http://www.rushcreek.net
ridgetop
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 11:15:26 AM »

How did the quail do for dog training??? Did they fly good???
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »