Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Shooting Preserve Management
| | |-+  Not good at all : Wolves
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not good at all : Wolves  (Read 60617 times)
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2009, 12:09:23 PM »

Depends, how fast can the Reeves hen hold up the fence boards?  Your plan might work just fine, if they stick to your schedule.  Might give you a good reason to not bid on any jobs, until they have been nailed.  (Wolves, I mean, not boards).

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
cv
Expert Member

« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2009, 02:36:40 PM »

watching you" border="0

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2009, 04:25:32 PM »

Might give you a good reason to not bid on any jobs, until they have been nailed.  (Wolves, I mean, not boards).

So, with this line of thinking, I should let my 2000ft. lane way drift in ?  i9

Watching Global Wolf right now on TV. Too bad it's the tree hugger version.  ::)

Later I'll get to watch something of interest: Battle 360 !
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2009, 04:58:19 PM »

The comments about a massive deer reduction in caribou Zones is quite true. The biologist, Christine Found, lac La Biche District feels drastically reducing deer numbers in the Caribou Zones will cause a die-off of wolves and increase Caribou numbers. i think the flaw in the logic is too obvious for me to have to comment further.

Found on another site. I'll try and find more info. That's what we get for having quotas for females in Gov. jobs !

Kill all the Deer, so the Wolves have no choice but to target the Caribou in full force, so the Caribou will increase !
Anyone see a flaw in her plan ?
cv
Expert Member

« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2009, 06:16:26 PM »

Quote:

In the Rocky Mountain Foothills of Alberta, woodland caribou are facing many industrial threats. Alberta’s woodland caribou have been in decline since the 1970s and a recent University of Alberta study warned that woodland caribou will disappear from the province in less than 40 years if current trends continue. Some herds could be lost in the next decade. The declines are a direct consequence of unrestricted industrial activity in the region, including clearcut logging, petroleum exploration and development (wells and pipelines), and the roads built by both industries. Recently two separate logging companies announced that they would defer logging activities in caribou habitat in their tenures in the foothills pending further study and recovery planning. 

http://www.wildernesscommittee.org/campaigns/wildlife/caribou/reports/Vol24No04/map
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2009, 06:18:41 PM »

That is to the west. What she talks about is to the north.

I have a lead....I'll follow it up tomorrow....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »