Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:51:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Beer 5.9%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beer 5.9%  (Read 6098 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« on: June 18, 2013, 11:40:50 AM »

Well I am doing some experimenting with adding beer to their water for 6.5 weeks olds along with the 4.5 week olds in the same brooder space. 100 + birds 288 sqft.

I have been adding 1 can(12 Oz) along with the vits to a gallon of water. I do two water founts per morning, and the late afternoon I just refill the founts with water.

I have seen a major improvement in the birds that I have never seen since I started this business. The birds are bigger and healtier, and less pecking. No other changes have been made in the feed. Same water same vits, just a can of beer per gallon of water extra, per day.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 07:12:20 PM »

Hmmm.. not sure I want to be sharing but if it helps   dk2

How'd you come up with that idea?  I'll definitely try it if I develop a pecking problem.  Mellow the birds out so they quit going after each other.  Although you'll always have a few angry drunks in the bunch  :grin:

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 10:58:10 AM »

How'd you come up with that idea? I'll definitely try it if I develop a pecking problem.  Mellow the birds out so they quit going after each other.  Although you'll always have a few angry drunks in the bunch  :grin:

The chill effect.

There are no adverse reactions. No dead birds and they don't look lazy or intoxicated.

The beer is 5.9% by volumn which = 11.8 proof. 12 oz can  in a gallon of ice water.  It has to be the hops that they like. Oh j2 it happens to be

Miller Milwaukee's Best Ice

I have no problems sharing this info.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 06:35:19 PM »

How'd you come up with that idea? I'll definitely try it if I develop a pecking problem.  Mellow the birds out so they quit going after each other.  Although you'll always have a few angry drunks in the bunch  :grin:

The chill effect.

There are no adverse reactions. No dead birds and they don't look lazy or intoxicated.

The beer is 5.9% by volumn which = 11.8 proof. 12 oz can  in a gallon of ice water.  It has to be the hops that they like. Oh j2 it happens to be

Miller Milwaukee's Best Ice

I have no problems sharing this info.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Wasn't talking about the info  :grin:  But if it's Milw Best Ice, yeah, I would probably share that stuff too!

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »