Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:23:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Bird Dog Topics
| | |-+  Training Collar
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Training Collar  (Read 5661 times)
Gamebirdman
« on: July 13, 2004, 06:46:33 AM »

Anyone have any suggestions a the best quality training collar that is available?  I am going to buy a couple new one's and was just interested in a little input.
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 08:23:55 AM »

I am also in the market for a good E-collar. I have never owned or used one and would really like some advise on this subject. I have been looking at those available in the mail order catalogs, but it's just not the same as holding one in your hands and getting a feel for it.

Shotgun, bird dog, 4X4!!!!!
DTVM
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 10:33:04 AM »

I have the Innotek 16000 Track and Train 3 dog unit. Purchased from Lion Country Supply

I have two Track and Train collars and one Innotek launcher.

I've owned them all for 2 years in that time I've had to replace the transmitter two times and each collar one time.

After you make the initial purchase there is a certain number of days
(60 days?) they will replace the units at no cost after that period you pay a return fee. The last collar I had replaced cost $18.00. The transmitter is more.

When they work, they seem to work correctly.

The last time I called their support number the person that answered my call did not know my collars had a three year warranty I had to explain to the support tech, I had the warranty and it said three years.
coveyrun
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 10:39:34 AM »

We have been selling Dogtra on coveyrun.net for 3 years and compared to others I beleive it to be the most reliable.
We also offer the lowest prices in the country.
Tim
mikewvgsp
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 05:43:32 PM »

Hi
The thing to think about is can you change the batts your self or do you have to send the stuff back to have them done.. The first one I had was
DT you could not change them your self had to send them back...I cant go for 4 to 6 weeks with out my collars...Now I have innotek i can get batts from wal-mart for 15.00 I like that... :D
                    Mike
             M T C GAMEBIRDS
grousehunter
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004, 11:44:32 PM »

Hi

I have a Dogtra 2000 t&b with a beeper.  I really like the beeper, when my dog is in heavy cover I can keep track of her.  And it lets me know when she is on point.  The only problem I had with it was the lanyard was cheaply made for the transmitter and I almost lost it, luckily it fell into my hunting vest.
coveyrun
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 09:45:01 AM »

Dogtra has the rechargeable batteries in it.
They stay charged a very long time. Rechargeables have come a long way since the old DT products. My first collar was a DT and it caused me so much greif I threw it away. I am sure DT is doing a better job now.
We have sold hundreds of the Dogtra and I am only aware of 4 in the last 4 years that had to be sent in.
ON the Lanyard issue they have made a change on  the attatchment so the breaking problem doesn't happen any more.
Tim
DTVM
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 10:03:32 AM »

The technical problems I had with my innotek equipment where (button fell off the transmitter, beeper quit working)  such that I could still use it until the replacement showed up. You call Innotek explain the problem they ship you a replacement you put the defective one in the box the good one came in stick the label thats enclosed back on the same box a give it back to the UPS folks.

I wished they made the batteries rechargable and replaceable for the collars like the transmitter. It cost $15.00 to $20.00 a month for batteries depending on where you purchase. Its like making monthly payments for a e-collar.
Rebdog338
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 11:57:16 PM »

I use a tri-tronics multi-sport two dog system. I am very pleased with them. They are in some cases a bit more costly than other brands, but I think their durability is well worth the cost. The batteries are rechargable and last a long time on one charge!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »