Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:08:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Gamebird Business Aspects
| | |-+  Gas Brooder vs Electric
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gas Brooder vs Electric  (Read 4551 times)
amerioutfitter

« on: February 20, 2008, 06:58:33 AM »

Hello everyone... Great forum!! I'm new to the quail raising arena and have a question about brooders.  I'm starting with 1000 quail in June and I'm currently researching the pros and cons of the different types of brooders available on the market.  Could anybody tell me what is the average amount of LP used during the 0 - 6 wk brooding cycle (32,000 BTU)?

Thanks!
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 11:58:28 PM »

I meant to look up the info on this, but got buried in b.s. from another project.  The maximum consumption rate is usually listed on websites of manufacturers, and retailers.

Multiply by 12 (hours) and then by number of days, four weeks should be all the heat you'll need.  In mid latitudes starting the first of June, inside a closed barn, half this figure might be enough.  You will probably only need heat for 4 weeks.  Are you going to start with day old chicks, or hatch your own?

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
amerioutfitter

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 07:07:28 AM »

I appreciate the info! I'll be starting with day-old chicks.  I will have an air tight barn with exhaust fan.  I'm in Florida, so June is pretty hot.  I did find the gas consumption at .3gal/hr.  Thanks again for your response.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »