Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:47:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Adding to grow out pens
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adding to grow out pens  (Read 5236 times)
Country Quail Boy FL
« on: May 02, 2004, 11:46:24 AM »

Could i add 6 week old jumbo wisconsins to a grow out pen with 20 12 week old jumbo wisconsin?
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 08:52:34 AM »

Why sure you can put them in there...........but I have no idea what might happen!!    :lol:     Seriously........I don't have a clue.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
County Line Gamebird Farm
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 09:46:52 AM »

That's probably not a good idea, there's too much age difference.  If it was not more than a weeks difference you could probably get away with it.
shagomatic
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 03:33:43 PM »

I have found that if you put the younger, newer birds in a small pen inside the big pen for a few weeks they will acclimate to one another and then you can put them together.  I have also heard that if you take out all the older birds and put in the new birds, wait about an hour and then reintroduce the older birds everything will be fine.  It has something to do with perceived territory in the older birds.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 05:31:08 PM »

C,mon......just throw 'em in there!!!   Then you'll be able to tell us what happens when you do things like that!   :twisted:    LOL!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Country Quail Boy FL
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 05:57:51 PM »

thanks guys...i am prolly gonna movee the older birds into a smaller pen i have for about a week then add put them back with the younger birds.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »