Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:30:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  gqf 1202.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: gqf 1202.  (Read 5080 times)
birddog
Expert Member

« on: January 21, 2008, 05:33:02 PM »

I found a gqf 1202 for sale the ad states digital control. I cannot find a 1202 on any of the regular websites and from old posts I gather that the 1202 was the precursor to the 1502  witch I have one of and it does not have digital controls so I assume this 1202 was updated ?? I just want to know what I'm talking about before I call and start asking questions. I see the new 1502 s have digital control.  ???

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:01:37 PM »

I no longer show the 1202 in my books and I believe it was replaced by the later 1502.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Many of them were probably updated with the digital thermostat.  The new 1502's are here and they look great although I havent had a chance to use any of them.  Great enhancements to the door plus the all new digital controls built in.  It has what you call a Digital Command Center and any problems are spelled out on the lcd monitor.  Has touch screen monitoring as well as alarms and monitors the temp/humidity 20 times each second.  Its only available on new incubators so it cant be added to existing ones unfortunately. 

Larry

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 08:36:47 PM »

thats what I was thinking where they claim their 1202 has digital control I figured they had updated it
since it should be an older unit.

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 03:21:53 AM »

I just got Cutler's 2008 catalog and I see that the new style GQF 1502 is listed.  It says it's an upgraded version with a digital termostat w/LCD display.  And comes with a window in the door. 

Anyone get one of these yet?  Or have you seen one.  I am interested in how the LCD display and termostat is working.  It also says it has audio/visual indicators, not sure what that would be.

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 06:55:52 AM »

Miller's Hatchery has one setup here, the Audio Visual is beepers and a flashing indicator. It has AN ONBOARD COMPUTOR, and a long section of plexi glass in the door, not a full see through.
Just set Temp. and Humidity and it takes over. Maybe too much can go wrong? ???

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 08:12:46 AM »

Maybe too much can go wrong? ???

Yeah....and I bet I can guess where you would have to buy a replacement "Onboard Computer" in order to see "if that's the problem"........when there is a problem?   :-|  The electronic thermostat was expensive enough, I wonder how much that baby costs?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 08:18:54 AM »

Had to buy a replacement FAN for the Hova-bator, $53.99 + 5% tax!!! Sure glad it wasn't something as expensive as a computor.  s176 s176 s53

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 09:27:30 PM »

I dont have our current pricing ready for 2008 but anyone who wants to view the new incubator I added a link below.  The file is 687kb so it may take a few minutes for dial up users.  Its in pdf format and may require adobe reader to open which should be on most computers.

Larry

http://www.redoakgamebirds.com/newsportsman.pdf

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 10:23:09 PM »

Thanks Larry, I would like to hear from someone who is using it.  Probably will be getting another one next year and was thinking about going with dickey's next time, unless this new model is worth the $600.00.

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »