Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Sears Super Hatcher
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sears Super Hatcher  (Read 26231 times)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 12:43:15 AM »

Not only does mama want to make my super hatcher into day to day furniture,

I see that you may be forced to retire that old rickety machine, just so you know, my offer still stands!

a heck of a lot better than we have been averageing in the foam domes.

You can say that again, my hatch rate has went way up and the ease of use since obtaining my cabinet incubator is well worth acquiring one.  Although, the nostalgia of using one such as yours would make it even be better!

Glad to hear your good news

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Gunner63

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 02:46:13 PM »

The other thing that I have noticed is that the after hatch mortality rate is way down. With the foam domes we seem to lose about 10% after hatch in the brooders.  To date, we have lost 2 of the close to 270 that have hatched.  Next round of 300 quail and 110 chicken eggs are due to peep on tuesday, cant wait to see if we get a basketful of chickens.

SMack dab in the middle of the mitten
bigdaddyfor3

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 05:47:36 AM »

Hey bill, My name is john from MA. I beleive I have a super hatcher. WE had A different one as kids and had many hatches. It's funny I almost made furniture out of this one however a cousin wants to start hatching. I have some instructions. Send me those pics of the unit
and we'll confirm. John    Email:    bigdaddyfor3@verizon.net
bkvail

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2009, 10:27:22 PM »

wow - this unit is amazing!  Anybody know where a person could get plans to build something similar?  Would any cedar do?  I have some Alaskan Yellow cedar in the woodshop I could use........

Don't be so open-minded your brains fall out!
backcountry
Expert Member

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 06:56:10 AM »

wow sounds nice i got a call from a friend last night and he found 3 old wood incubators for 125 (for all 3) all i know about them is that they are wood  old and from a zoo i hope they are like this  im going to go look at them today ill try and get some pics
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »