Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:21:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Attention Lemurs.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Attention Lemurs.....  (Read 6545 times)
jaime7997
Expert Member

« on: March 07, 2009, 01:53:42 PM »

Well, as per popular demand... Slider..... Here's some photos. AND a video of the lemur!!!!
My step-mom also has a cockatoo that screams...  s80 But anyhow, the particular pitch that the bird squawks at apparently hits a nerve with Liam. He howls. I videoed it today. Don't mind us cackling in the background at him....  Enjoy!!!!
http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p305/jaime7997/Liam%20the%20lemur/
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 11:47:48 PM »

Thanks jaime thats one cool dude....... s98

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 12:45:34 AM »

I have just dial up....but sounds like I'll have to see anyway !

Cool ! Took a while, but well worth it !

Thanks !
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 01:24:44 AM by Reeves » Logged
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 01:06:01 AM »

Here and I never even attempted to look at it because for some reason I kept thinking "youtube" and the "Man" has that site blocked. After another look I noticed that it was photobucket, so I got to take a look.  Thanks Jaime!

a29

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
greyghost
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 10:44:01 PM »

Hey CharlieHorse, how come you have blue stars and I have blue b#lls? Damn it's cold! :grin:
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 07:55:14 PM »

Thought you all may enjoy seeing the lemur-meister in action.. to be honest, we call him the skanky lemur. Even though he's not skanky really... LOL! I suppose since this is a bird site I should have posted the bird that was yelling instead of the lemur, but... Oh well. Next time.
bkvail

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 12:06:49 PM »

s98 very cool animal!!  how in the world does a person get a lemur for a pet though?!  Where are you located?  Do you think he was communicating with the parrot or whining about the parrot being abnoxious? LOL

Don't be so open-minded your brains fall out!
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 07:15:09 PM »

I live in Southeastern Ohio. I didn't look yet to see where you live, but if you are close and wanted a more precise answer, I'll get back to you... I don't know for sure I guess if he's just annoyed or trying to reason with the bird, but he doesn't do it except for when Casper (the Cockatoo) makes a certain noise. Casper also has a yell that makes the dogs howl. He knows it too.... He's figured out what screeches are like fingernails on a chalkboard to them!
bkvail

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 07:54:37 PM »

funny how animals are smarter than you think sometimes!

I am in NW Washington state :)  Are Lemurs litter-box trainable, or what do you do there?!!!

jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 10:05:22 PM »

I see. A little far... As for the litter box thing, no not so much... Unfortunately.  He has certain places he usually goes, so my step-mom is into him and prepares the areas accordingly...
bkvail

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 10:11:59 PM »

you can't move a litter box to his ''spot'' that he chooses?  Or would he just pick another spot?

jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 10:50:34 PM »

I don't know... They don't have that instinct to "bury" their stuff like a cat... They just don't really care.. They're primates, so I"m sure you've heard the stories of monkeys throwing their poo and other nasty habits... Lemurs don't do anything like that but they are primates. As far as I know from my stepmom they really can't be litter trained. She's done some research and apparently they just don't care where they go!! ick...
bkvail

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 08:41:26 AM »

I don't know how she can handle that!  I definitely couldn't! LOL!

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »

Me neither! 

Here's what I'd do:    c109

jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 09:48:16 PM »

Well, Charlie, That's pretty much what the lemur does!! LOL! She has it under control. Its not bad really... She keeps papers or pee pads down usually. That helps...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »