Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:48:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  Introducing myself
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 8279 times)
ode2god
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 12:05:58 PM »

wow that realllly stinks you should prosecute her for animal cruelty ....some people should be shot s20 ...good luck on your new start ...
wildturkey

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 09:34:55 PM »

s016 I hope you get as much good info here as I have. Good luck!
cherndon712

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 04:02:37 AM »

I've started a suit against her, finally! Not sure how it will pan out, but I hope to at least get some justice for my animals. I still can't believe she could be so cruel, and not even think about it!
I'm getting a good start on building up my bird population again. A local lady had a trio of SQ Mille Fleur d'uccles for my son to show, and we got a quad of SQ Silkies from CO. I've also gotten eggs for some laying breeds, as well as button quail (although I got a bad hatch on those)
We're getting rebuilt, slowly but surely! Takes time, but it's worth it!
ode2god
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 09:23:48 PM »

good for you keep us updated :grin:
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 06:51:14 AM »

Hey Crystal that really sucks, if nothing else get her on attempted rustling. Its hard to believe anyone could pull a stunt like that. What ever you do you are too kind.   s80

Ref replacing the chickens, check out Ideal Poultry in Texas, I got my Buckeye Chickens from them, and they have a number of heritage chickens, turkeys , ducks and geese. Probably more Bantam breeds of chickens then any place I know of, they sell eggs as well as chicks.

It took 2 days for my order to get here but didnt lose any and I got 105% on the order. They have a special sale going on right now on Bantams and Ducklings. All in all I have had  better luck with them then any other poultry shipped. You can google them online, very interesting website.

I got my new American Game Bird Gazette yesterday and its chock full of ads on game birds , if you dont get it check it out, its well worth getting just for the ads but the articles are good too.

Just a last 2 cents, theres no places in CO I would prefer over most places in WY. Its one of my favorite places. You are blessed right where you are. Lousy exfriend and all. Every place has someone like that. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 06:56:02 AM by Jake Levi » Logged

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
ode2god
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 10:43:50 AM »

maybe you can pick some up at a stock auction? we have really good ones here . i actually get my bunny stock from our state fair here.its almost like walmart for stock ,because alot of breeders show up there and if you like what they show ,sometimes you can go to theyre farms and find good stock
cherndon712

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 01:20:38 AM »

I don't order from hatcheries, as my son shows the birds. We buy hatching eggs, and hatch them. The kids love this! I have heard good things about Ideal, though. I belong to a great chicken forum, which is where I get most of my stock (and alot of great info!)

We don't have any local stock shows. I just went to the Western Stock Show in Denver, and picked up some birds while I was there! But, for most of the breeds I want, I have to order eggs. I might put in an order for ducklings, because I can't wanna try hatching them!

I do get the gamebird gazette, and LOVE it! I like the articles, and you're right, there is no lack of classifieds in it! I just rarely have the time to make phone calls!

I absolutely LOVE WY, I do. I'm so glad to be back here, in the real world! Or should I say, civilization?!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »