Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:46:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  Another New Member
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another New Member  (Read 4747 times)
jadartt

« on: April 11, 2008, 01:24:28 PM »

Hello all,

I just joined the site.  We recently purchased a few Texas A&Ms chicks (last week) and I'm already hooked (Mom's not so convinced, but my 7 and 9 year old totally are).  I love watching them grow.  I also just bought a GQF 1588 incubator with the 1610 turner and I can't wait to hatch my own eggs. 

Anyway's, it's cold in Alaska still, but summer coming and I can't wait.  We certainly have no problem providing 17 hours of daylight to get them laying. 

I look forward to learning a lot from you all, don't worry, I know how to use the "search" feature of a forum so hopefully I don't wear any one out with old questions.

thanks,
John
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 01:35:51 PM »

Hello all,

I just joined the site.  We recently purchased a few Texas A&Ms chicks (last week) and I'm already hooked (Mom's not so convinced, but my 7 and 9 year old totally are).  I love watching them grow.  I also just bought a GQF 1588 incubator with the 1610 turner and I can't wait to hatch my own eggs. 

Anyway's, it's cold in Alaska still, but summer coming and I can't wait.  We certainly have no problem providing 17 hours of daylight to get them laying. 

I look forward to learning a lot from you all, don't worry, I know how to use the "search" feature of a forum so hopefully I don't wear any one out with old questions.

thanks,
John

s016 to the forums John!

I think you will fit right in with the statement that you had just made.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 01:47:56 PM »

Welcome aboard bud! Have fun. j4
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 02:01:38 PM »

Pheasant Hollow Farm, I believe you're right.

jadartt, if you can't find it after a search, don't hesitate to ask, someone will provide an answer (might even be correct), or a link.

If the response includes an admonition about not searching enough, or looking elsewhere, don't worry about it.  In addition to growing good crops and gardens, a little B.S. can grow pretty good friendships.  Too much can burn either.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 02:03:29 PM by wildergamebirds » Logged

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
jadartt

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 03:01:27 PM »

My daughter just can't wait to gather the eggs.  She's a major Little House on the Prairie fan and wants to do anything that Laura does so this should be fun.  Fact is I can't wait either.  I want to try all types of quail to find what we like to raise, as well as which ones my wife likes to eat.  I can't wait for a grill full of the little buggers.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 03:02:43 PM »

Pheasant Hollow Farm, I believe you're right.

jadartt, if you can't find it after a search, don't hesitate to ask, someone will provide an answer (might even be correct), or a link.

If the response includes an admonition about not searching enough, or looking elsewhere, don't worry about it.  In addition to growing good crops and gardens, a little B.S. can grow pretty good friendships.  Too much can burn either.

We always s020 cut the new guys/gals some.......... i9 kind of slack j2

What happen to Doogie Howser (TommyVT05) , did he really leave the building? You guys trashed him so well I figured I would sit back and ride this one out. j41

All he had to do was re-write his ad. s49

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 03:51:39 PM »

Cool ! Another Alaska member !

s016

We love pictures too, ya know ? I have been up there 4 times, but only in the handle. Been "Hyderized" as well !
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 04:03:35 PM »

s016

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jadartt

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 05:24:47 PM »

Cool ! Another Alaska member !

Are there many Alaskan members?  I know of 2 other folks that raise quail in Fairbanks, I'm sure that there are more, but only 2 that I know of.  The only downfall is the best feed that I can find up here is 25% protien.  I guess I'll have to supplement a bit.
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 09:39:26 PM »

a24 s016
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 07:12:12 AM »

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I always wanted to go to Alaska....

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jadartt

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 03:20:59 PM »

You're all welcome to stop by and visit anytime.  It's a great place with great people.   Plus it isn't nearly as fast paced as the "lower 48", but the shipping rates will kill you on anything heavier than a letter.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »