Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:36:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Baby Wren
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baby Wren  (Read 4815 times)
Kagome100
« on: July 14, 2004, 05:33:04 PM »

Ok well the Wren egg hathced. Here is a pic of the baby. I would like to know if it's suposed to eat yet? It is not asking for food yet.

Pheasantman
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 10:17:46 PM »

When chicks hatch, the yolk is drawn into the abdomen and is stored there as a first supply of food and moisture.  After a day or so, they will begin wanting food.  Make sure you keep the chick warm (95 degrees F).  You should feed it very small dog food soaked in water and small insects.
eggsactly
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 12:27:51 AM »

congradulations!  I was so teary eyed over this news I have to tell you you are a great person for what you are trying to do and I hope it survives to bring you more luck.
Kagome100
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 04:59:38 PM »

Thank you so much. Yes he is eating now. I am feeding part dog food, part baby food, part bug mix. He loves it. He is doing good and he is staying warm. I know he has to stay warm. I am a "bird lover" and I take every latter of these two words to the max. Some times I will go out side and watch birds fly or eat. I have some home made bird houses and feeders. I watch the birds go in and out of them. There away from my dog's so they can't hurt them. It's just I did not know there was a pot near the ground laying on it's side. It was behind some boxes so I did not see it. But my dog sure did..... Well thanks for ya help and I think he will make it. He is doing good so far.

I recalled the bird people (that's what I call them) they told me that they had a over stock of baby and hurt birds. They said if they took it there was a chance it would not make it because it was so young.
Pheasantman
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 07:51:40 PM »

That's great!  I hope he/she grows into a healthy adult bird.  I would be interested in seeing pictures of it as it grows up, if possible.
pgbirdman
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 02:36:34 AM »

Glad to hear he's doing so well, I sure hope he makes it, I think a lot of people in the forum are rooting for it!  Does it peep or make noise??  Or is it fairly quiet?
Kagome100
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 04:24:15 PM »

He is quiet till I feed him/her. He/she is a week and 2 days old now. He/she is growing good and looks good. When it's near time to let him/her go I will half to space my self from him/her.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »