Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:47:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  help having trubles whith icubation.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: help having trubles whith icubation.  (Read 4544 times)
alan vallejo

« on: July 25, 2008, 12:03:53 AM »

hi I'm new in the forum, i live in Mexico city, and I'm beginning 2 breed bob whites, y buy a sportmans incubator from gqf. at the beginning i was getting good hatches, about 70 to 80%. but the las 3 weeks the chicks have been hatching with crocked feet.  some one can help me.

the humidity in the comand center marks 62 to 65%, at a constant 100degrees.

thanks for your time and advice. s85 s144
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 12:27:12 AM »

Temperature should be 99.5-99.7 then 98.5 for the last three days.  Humidity should be 60%, then 70% the last three day.

Fertility drops in heat, and late season.  Also, if you have been running the incubator for 5-6 weeks, without shutting it off, you could have bacteria in it.  Clean, scrub, disinfect with bleach, Tek-Trol, or other disinfectant.

Also, check all your readings with a thermostat that can be calibrated.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
alan vallejo

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 12:43:30 AM »

Temperature should be 99.5-99.7 then 98.5 for the last three days.  Humidity should be 60%, then 70% the last three day.

Fertility drops in heat, and late season.  Also, if you have been running the incubator for 5-6 weeks, without shutting it off, you could have bacteria in it.  Clean, scrub, disinfect with bleach, Tek-Trol, or other disinfectant.

Also, check all your readings with a thermostat that can be calibrated.

thanks for the advise,  but i have a Little problem with the issue of temp and humidity, the thermostat is automatic, and pre set to 100, should i decrease it 1/2 degree?. and the humidity is mark in the manual of the incubator 2 be at 45 to 55 for the incubation, and 55 to 65 at hatch, this incubator came with a water tray that without the humidity pads, gives no more than 55% humidity, with the 2 humidity pads, the higher humidity it reaches is 65%, .how can i raise the humidity?

thanks for your time and advise

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 07:08:23 PM »

Yes, I would adjust temperature down, if possible.  You can raise humidity by adding a water pan, or, perhaps a small room humidifier near incubator, especially near the air vents.  Build a small "box", "closet" "room" type structure to help keep in humidity (but watch temperature, if you do this, it could also rise.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 06:57:36 AM »

WELCOME  alan vallejo.... s016

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 11:01:13 PM »

You can also increase humidity by adjusting/closing vents.  Less outside air intake will let the humidity build up. It doesn't take much closing of the vents to change it.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
alan vallejo

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 12:53:46 AM »

WELCOME  Alan Vallejo.... s016

thanks for the welcome, at your service.
alan vallejo

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 12:55:26 AM »

You can also increase humidity by adjusting/closing vents.  Less outside air intake will let the humidity build up. It doesn't take much closing of the vents to change it.

thanks i will try it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »