Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:57:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Petersime Incubators
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Petersime Incubators  (Read 11380 times)
yote1

« on: May 09, 2008, 08:18:53 PM »

Bought a Petersime No 1 incubator today and was wondering If theirs anyone else who can give me some advice and help while I'm in the progress of getting it reconditioned for use. I have several questions on the turning components. 
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 08:37:36 PM »

Might should have asked before purchase.  You may be in for a chore.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
yote1

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 10:50:17 PM »

I bought as is, was cheap, and I like to fix things and it's a machine so it's fixable. As I said I hope someone has one and help me on the turner wiring diagram. I have everything else going tonight.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 01:10:21 AM »

Came back and had a nice thoughtful answer typed out and da***d ISP shut down because I wasn't surfing!

So, for now you get the short version.  Someone built it, if someone can break it, someone else can fix it.  Good attitude.  A lot of people buy stuff, then wonder why parts aren't available after 60 years.  Check for control box, look inside for diagram (you probably already have).  Is motor AC, or DC?  Can you tell what voltage, if DC?

I think Slider was hatched in either a Petersime, or a Jamesway, about the time those companies were founded, maybe he remembers something about them.  I have seen a few old manuals for Petersime, Leahy, and others, on ebay, but that won't be fast.

Don't know if there is any help in this.  Do NOT run wires from transformer to motor, without a rectifier.

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 09:02:08 AM »

No Wilder, I was hatched out behind the outhouse under an ol piece of rusty tin laying up against a wood pile by an ol ruffled up game hen and she only turned me once a week.  s020 s020

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 10:29:46 AM »

No Wilder, I was hatched out behind the outhouse under an ol piece of rusty tin laying up against a wood pile by an ol ruffled up game hen and she only turned me once a week.  s020 s020

Explains a lot.........   A whole lot!

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 11:38:50 AM »

I'm not familiar with that incubator, but would you be able to post any pictures of it?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jbird
Expert Member

Gods Creatures are for everyone to enjoy

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 01:20:34 PM »

Slider, that was really a good one. We all need a laugh once and a while.
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 11:46:56 PM »

Wilder lied on his profile...he is older than me.... s020 i9

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 12:14:05 AM »

Nawwwwww, you just think that because I'm wiser  i5

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 07:51:11 AM »

There is no doubt about that!!!!!!!! s020

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 11:13:39 AM »

There is no doubt about that!!!!!!!! s020

What kind of crack was that!!??

Yote, sorry we destroyed your thread, we really will try to help (if any of us know anything).  Pictures would help a lot.  You will probably need a multi-meter.  if the wiring is the old cloth wrapped type, I would replace it if there is any fraying.  There are several types of turners, but even without direct experience with that model someone here may be able to guide you through it.  CharlieHore is especially good with rebuilding, and improvising on old equipment (only way he keeps going.

RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 12:04:07 PM »

Try SunnyCreek Farms.  They helped me when I needed info on all my Leahy and Humidaire Incubators.  They have manuals for all of the anitques available as well as where to purchase the parts for them.

Larry

http://www.ifi-us.com/SCFIncubators.htm

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
yote1

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 02:10:44 PM »

I did like the parts of finding our about who is wiser and were they, how and where they come from. I  will post pictures Monday, have to stay out of my shop today. Mothers Day and I'm cooking dinner tonight. Grill Time. Back to the incubator! The wiring harness is good. I rewired the switch for power, I replaced the turning motor, and it still won't turn. I think the new motor is faulty, I can't by pass it to make it turn, It's a gear motor, but it should release. I found out that Petersime, still has some parts. Or it's in the electric relays and I'm willing to bet that I can find something that will work. Thanks  yote1
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 03:11:12 PM »

I would bet the relays are at fault, or a burned out diode.  I had one fry on a Pureflo.  I was able to hook up to a DC power supply, with two sets of wires and a three position switch.  No timer that way, but I was able to hold switch one direction until tilt was complete, then release, and reverse switch when it was time for next turn.  Hatch rate was still over 85%.  many of those relays are available through Grainger, some even at radio shack.  Does yours use a threaded rod to raise and lower racks?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »