Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:54:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  #s on eggs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: #s on eggs  (Read 10485 times)
labmancan
Expert Member

« on: January 17, 2008, 08:55:09 AM »

I would like to identify where my eggs are coming from, which pr. then when i incubate them I can record any difference's between them. I know that whatever I put on the outside of the shell (I.E. ink ) will /can have a detrimental effect on the embryo, what is best to use?

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 09:27:54 AM »

I would like to identify where my eggs are coming from, which pr. then when i incubate them I can record any difference's between them. I know that whatever I put on the outside of the shell (I.E. ink ) will /can have a detrimental effect on the embryo, what is best to use?

use a sharpe and date the eggs. That is what I use.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 09:42:26 AM »

About any non-toxic writing device will work (ie: safe for rug rats and pets)

Another way is to leave the eggs alone and let the hens do the work  s020
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »

About any non-toxic writing device will work (ie: safe for rug rats and pets)

Another way is to leave the eggs alone and let the hens do the work  s020

There............ya...................go..................labmancan...................keep it as simple as you can.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 10:00:03 AM »

I was just rubb'n it in that all you folk have to use incubators  s020
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 10:06:49 AM »

I was just rubb'n it in that all you folk have to use incubators  s020

I have two GQF Sportsman 1502's that have been idle for over a year and a half.  The last hatching of birds ended 2006 since the need was not warrented, however, the decisions of 7 RN hens decided that they wanted to do it on their own. So............ Mr. Reeves,,,,,,,,,,,,I feel that I can be put in your classification also...... s020 s020 s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 10:08:55 AM »

I stand corrected  s020
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 10:20:24 AM »

I stand corrected  s020

Reeves,

As long as you can stand, that is all that counts.. s98 s87 

If I have an order for chicks this year, in this state, then I will fire up the 1502's, otherwise, I will go the Reeves way of Incubation j2

Mass production(1502) is the only way. I will only take a deposit for a minimum of 714 eggs.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

quailfarm7
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 11:19:22 AM »

Since you dont have those Sportsmen in production, would you consider selling one? I am looking for a used one to hold me over for another year?

Adam Straub
www.straubsgamefarm.com
Quality bobwhite quail, chukar partridge and pheasants (started and mature.)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 11:45:41 AM »

Since you dont have those Sportsmen in production, would you consider selling one? I am looking for a used one to hold me over for another year?

Adam,

Sorry but I do not plan on selling. I got these 1502 when they were $425.00 and $475.00  a peace. To replace them is over $600.00 and change with shipping either from Culter, or GQF.

I will keep an eye out for you on the local BB that comes out every Wednesday. If I find a good price, I will let you know and maybe we could meet half way on the delivery.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

quailfarm7
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 11:48:54 AM »

Thanks, Steve I just wanted to check and see if there was a chance. I come down that way a couple times a year to go to Bruce Shaffer's. My dog had been down there 2 times for training and he buys quail for training off of me. I dont know how far that is from you but maybe somewhere like that would work.
Thanks Again,
Adam

Adam Straub
www.straubsgamefarm.com
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 12:18:46 PM »

I know Bruce, He wanted to purchase birds from me and I told him it would be cheaper to get them from Mike Slaughter (DBA) M T C Game Birds, which would be closer to him (in WV) just a short hop and a skip and he also knows Mike. I supply my eggs to Mike each Year.

Both people are above board in my opinion. I would stand behind both of them. If you hear from Bruce, tell him I said hi!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 12:21:56 PM »

Adam,

Bruce and I are on the opposite side of the state from each other. It is better then a 6 hr drive to him or him to me.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

hunter3015

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 10:57:22 AM »

quailfarm 

If you hurry there is a incubator on ebay an the seller is from   PA.... has clear doors racks, humdity bucket an all..... Just go to ebay search type in GQF  might get you a good one

Up for bid is a GQF 1502 Sportsman Incubator in LIKE NEW condition. This incubator has 3 automatic turning racks with 2 pheasant eggs trays per rack, each egg tray holds 59 pheasant sized eggs with a total of 118 eggs per rack.Overall capasity of 354 pheasant eggs. Other eggs trays can also be purchased for chicken (216 eggs),quail (1368 eggs).It has a hatching tray on the bottom.The incubator also comes with a clear door so there is no need to open the incubator and loose the humidity just to check on the eggs. Also included in an automatic humidity control so there is no need to open the incubator and loose the humidity to add water.There are 2 digital thermometers, one with a water weasel to simulate the temp inside the eggs for better hatch rate, and one hygrometer (wetbulb) to keep the humidity in adjustment. The only thing needed is the eggs. I have used this incubator for hatching exotic pheasants and had excelent hatch rates.  Will accept pay-pal only.Payment must be made thru paypal within 3 days from end of auction.Thank you for looking and good luck.

Bad day hunting is better then a good day at work.
quailfarm7
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 11:29:36 AM »

He has a reserve on it, you can pick up a new one for a little over 500 and this one is at 375. I am not a big fan of buying anything off of e-bay. They might say its lightly used but how do you really know.

Adam Straub
www.straubsgamefarm.com
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »