Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:07:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Let it, Let it Snow!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let it, Let it Snow!  (Read 4310 times)
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« on: March 01, 2007, 11:31:56 AM »

Let it snow let it snow!  :laugh: Is it almost most Christmas? :angel: Wait it is the 1st of March! Well we just had a big snow storm this last weekend and I think we got about a 1.5 ft. of snow to join the snow already on the ground and now we have another snow storm and this one has already dumped about 4-5in. on us and it is not suppose to stop until Friday night when we with have close to 3ft. of snow on the ground :laugh:. Wednesday or Thursday of last week it was fifty degrees with most of the snow gone and now it is a winter wonderland, well I shouldn’t complain winter never leaves without a fight here in Minnesota. The birds love the snow and one of my golden pheasant males is trying to court his female (neck feather “extended”) but the female wants nothing to do with it. I hope everyone is having a great early spring!

Forrest 

RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 07:07:34 PM »

How nice.  We saw 10 flurries here this season.  Yesterday and today it was near 65 degrees and strong thunderstorms coming through tonight.  Good thing-its easier on my electric bill!

Could be 12 feet of snow like New York.

Larry

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 12:13:48 AM »

At least 50+ here (Southern OhIo). The wind is fairly steady (10-30mph) and rain....no snow yet. Spring is near, although, the snow doesn't bother me any. Below 20 degrees for weeks on end is what gets under my skin.  :laugh:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 09:32:44 AM »

Below 20 degrees for weeks on end is what gets under my skin.

Sissy  :angel:

-30c yesterday morning & about two more months of winter up here....
quailfarm7
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 10:21:17 AM »

Its in the low 40's here in PA and I need it to stay warm to build more pens. I wouldnt mind the snow here if it was in Dec and early January but February and March is getting late.

Adam Straub
www.straubsgamefarm.com
Quality bobwhite quail, chukar partridge and pheasants (started and mature.)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 10:41:43 AM »

Sissy  :angel:

-30c yesterday morning & about two more months of winter up here....
[/quote]

LOL!    Yeh, but we have to get out and work down here in the states. We don't have all that leisure time on our hands to just sit in the warm house and look out through the windows at the snow for 4 months.   :angel:    :laugh:

LOL!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 02:24:05 PM »

:laugh: :laugh:

look out through the windows at the snow for 4 months.

More like 6-7 months. Of snow. Cold. Couple months of slop: spring.

Wish I wasn't sitting ! The oil patch has slowed down way too much. Spent 20-30 hours on the phone looking for work in the last week.
May have to pitch a tent in your yard & help you fellas down south get the work done !

I wonder what tough old Reeves Pheasant tastes like........?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »