Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:29:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  incubation of quail eggs by a Silkie
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: incubation of quail eggs by a Silkie  (Read 12912 times)
pgbirdman
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2004, 11:57:27 PM »

My 3 Quail are doing great!!  They sure grow fast!!  They are 3 weeks now and only slightly smaller than their parents.  Fully feathered out except on the head.  Could I be imagining this... I thought I noticed a "pair" trying to mate.  Is this possable???  Their so young!!   Maybe its "teenage experimentation".
stewaw
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2004, 06:17:36 AM »

Glad to hear they are doing well. If I'm not mistaken, coturnix can begin laying at 8 weeks old. That being the case, it could very well be preliminary courtship/pairing.  Could just as easy be simple dominance display.  I've noticed some 6 week old rio grande turkeys perform the same display.  

David
pgbirdman
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2004, 12:50:38 AM »

Well I thought I'd update you all as to the status of our 3 little Quail (little, my butt there as big as the adults)  It was all for nothing as far as the Quail go, as within the last 2 weeks they have vanished.  I mean literally vanished!!  My pen is entirerly enclosed sides and top, and as we live in the city is even pad-locked.  The one morning I found one outside the pen with a wound on its breast.  I put it back and it was gone the next day.   ????????????????????   Maybe a preditor has come and somehow got them out??  But on the plus side.... I sure learned a lot of things I never knew b4.  I've been holding onto my fertile eggs and I'm waiting for one of these bantams to go broody again.... and I will try again!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »