Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:43:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  HELP I don't know if I should post this on this forum.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP I don't know if I should post this on this forum.....  (Read 3940 times)
Kagome100
« on: July 08, 2004, 12:29:06 PM »

My dog killed a House Wren (bird). My dog all so ate some of the eggs. Don't know how many. The nest was in a old pot near the ground. I did not know about it till I saw my dog eating on the bird. I went out and found one egg. I took my dog in and waited for a day in a half for the other bird to come back (dad or mom brid that did not die)... Well no one came back so I took the egg. I am a breeder of Leopard geckos and when I was young I did save baby birds. BUT not eggs. I have a incubator. I need to know what temp to put my Incubator on for the egg??? I don't know if this should go in this forum.... sorry if it don't.... I need help....
Pheasantman
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 01:06:32 PM »

I say don't even bother.  There are too many house wrens around, but if you really want to, try the incubator at 99.5, for around 12 to 14 days, and see what happens.

Pheasantman
Kagome100
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 01:31:44 PM »

Thanks and that was mean of you to say there are to many of them. I love birds and they are one of my faves. I used to help all kinds of baby birds but than I get this egg..... Well thanks..
Pheasantman
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 12:20:21 AM »

I'm sorry if I offended you.  Another idea is you could call a licensed wildlife rehabber and they might take the egg, they usually just take chicks though.  It's worth a call.
Kagome100
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 10:20:04 AM »

I called them they said just put the egg back out side. I want to at least try and save it I mean I put the egg up to a fashlight and you can see it's near hatching... Should I turn the egg one time a day? OH and it's ok Im fine it did not offended me. It's just these birds are so cute to me and here they they only come once a year and this year there is not to many of them. I am not sure why..
Pheasantman
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 11:51:44 AM »

If it looks like it's really close to hatching, don't turn it at all.  And hatching can take 6 to 12 hours, so don't help it unless it really needs it.  Good luck!

Pheasantman
pgbirdman
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 12:59:43 AM »

Curious to find out about your wren...has it hatched??  I hope it does as I too love all birds and saved many barn swallows as a kid (fed them worms and bananas)  I must admit though... the day and a half outside without incubation may have killed it.  Hope not!!  Do let us know.
Kagome100
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 03:47:32 PM »

IT did hatch. I hatched this morning. It's soooo little...... Ok well I have raised baby birds at the age of 3 or more weeks not a one day old. Do I feed it every 2 hours because I think I was told that.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »