Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:44:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  New 300LB Rain Proof Outdoor Feeders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 300LB Rain Proof Outdoor Feeders  (Read 6243 times)
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« on: April 11, 2013, 06:05:15 PM »

Time to get some new ideas flowing... Attached is a pic of a new outdoor feeder I built.  I'm guessing it will hold about 300LB +/-.  55 gallon drum flipped upside down so that ridge works to keep rain from running under.  5 gallon bucket cut in half with the bottom of a 15 gallon drum for the feeder.  I'll try to get some more pics to better show everything but I think she should work pretty good and most of the materials are free.

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 08:09:37 AM »

Here is what the base looks like.  5 Gallong bucket cut in half to set the height for the feeder and then used some angles pieces riveted to the bottom of the 15 gallon drum.  Funnel placed in the middle to direct the feed outward.

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 12:39:03 AM »

Well..........how does it work?   

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 07:28:45 PM »

Hey, Charlie, How've you been?

Feeder works great.  Holds about 350LB and I haven't had any feed get wet yet.  Finally finished the reconstruction of the pens about two weeks ago.  Learned one big lesson on the way...  Even if you have 35 square feet per bird and don't think you have time to peep them, make time and peep them.  I think I started a new breed of tailless pheasant and have about 450 of them, if anyone's interested.  Spent about two weeks trying to catch 12 week old pheasant and peep them and it did not go good.  Also, I think a lot of the cuticles were pulled because after a few weeks, there still isn't much.  Smoked pheasant is going to get old... dh1

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »