Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:15:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  GSC Roll Out cages Question????????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GSC Roll Out cages Question????????  (Read 13272 times)
Circle R Ranch Kevin Rockholt

« on: January 28, 2009, 11:13:20 PM »

Ok just finished my GSC Rollout cages.  I have 1"x2" wire for the dividers, does this need to be a solid divider?  Will it create problems if it is not?  They came out 12"x24" and 10" high in the front and 8" high in the back.  Just wondering on the dividers. Thanks in advance!

Circle R Ranch - Kevin Rockholt - Pasadena, Tx - Licensed by the State of TX.  Lic. #  4661
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 11:53:17 PM »

Just watch the males closely.  If the try to fight through the wire, you can cover one side with rigid plastic sheet (colored).

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 12:34:26 AM »

It would be best to put solid partitions in your next set that you build. It never hurts to eliminate problems before they start. It will be just one thing that you will not have to worry about. And do as wilder said.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 07:39:33 AM »

Hey Thanks Alot!  Since I do not have the birds in yet, I think I am going to rework them.  Better now than later!   :grin:

Circle R Ranch - Kevin Rockholt - Pasadena, Tx - Licensed by the State of TX.  Lic. #  4661
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 10:37:34 AM »

s98

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 05:58:52 PM »

Here is a picture of mine

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 10:41:45 AM »

I guess I should have put some pics up Sorry here they are.  I just have heavy black mill plastic down were the shaving trays go  I am making some different trays now.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 10:43:17 AM »

Some more!

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 10:45:07 AM »

And just a couple more!

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 03:04:10 PM »

You have done a real good job on them. Are you using high pressure water system with a regulator or a low pressure with a tank?

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 11:07:09 PM »

Thanks alot!  Right now its piped to go either way,  I can put the regulator and hook to the hose or hook to the tank.   At the top off the cage I left a 3/4 threaded  fitting.  I am gearing up to make some more here in another week or so,  I had a blast doing this set.  I was really happy with how they came out the next batch I am thinking of going to three holers on each level.  But that would mean changing wire size and I need to check the cost effectiveness of that!

jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 09:31:10 PM »

Your cages look great but I'm worried about your eggs rolling out on the size wire you used. If for some reason the eggs do not roll out very well when you build more try using 1/2 x 1/2 wire for the floor and see if that works any better s98 thank ya Jim
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 11:03:26 PM »

Jim I can see your point and it is good one. I do like the size he is using with my Butlers because their crap is so big about 1/2 the time it will not go through the 1/2 x 1/2 hardwire cloth. Just make sure the 1/2 in. ridge is on top of the floor and pointed from front of cage to the back of it.

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 11:16:18 PM »

Jim,   hey thanks alot!  I will change the wire on the next set to 1/2 x 1/2 instead of the 1/2  x 1  and see how things change up!  Also as Slider talked about I did run the wire
right I recall reading it in a past post as to getting the eggs to roll right. Ijust got home from getting my first birds (37 Coturnix) a day  and a half old.  I was going to get older birds but this gentleman made me a sweet deal on these!  It will be a little while before they go in but I will make a note to check on the difference.  Here are some pics of my new birds! j2

cv
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 11:29:26 PM »

how many chicks do you have in your brooder ?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »