Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:38:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Feed-Discussion pertaining to various types of feeds, brands, what to feed and when.
| | | |-+  Chick-Aid
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chick-Aid  (Read 3844 times)
brentsquailfarm

« on: February 09, 2008, 11:00:08 PM »

I was wondering if anyone has used Chick-Aid for newly hatched quail chicks. From what I have read on the Quail Restoration website it looks to be a good chick starter. Once mixed it becomes a jell-o like mix. You than put it on your chick starter feed. Let me know what you guys think of it.

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 10:01:27 AM »

Never seen or heard of that stuff.

I do know it is a real good idea to put the water soluble vitamins in the water the first few days, and once a week after.
brentsquailfarm

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 10:18:10 AM »

Here is the web address to read about it. http://www.quailrestoration.com/Chick-aid.html

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 10:33:25 AM »

Interesting, I would think that they have reduced grains to there base level through hammering and sifting, and are just retaining the Glutens. Then they must add the vitamins, color and other nutrients. Once you add water to Gluten it will swell to about twice it's dry size!

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 02:09:32 AM »

Brent, I meant to tell you about this when we spoke the other day, but got distracted.

I'm pretty sure this is the same as Gro-Gel Plus B.  It is mainly used to get water and electrolytes into shipped day old chicks.

I use it for all day old chicks, even those which I hatch, and raise.  It is especially good for shipped birds.  I delivered 2000 plus Day Old Chukars to Arizona last August.  We put Gro-Gel in with each bunch, and I left enough for another feeding for all of them.  Two weeks later he told me he saw a big difference in how quickly they gained weight the first few days, had next to no losses. 

Putting it on, and around, scattered feed does help.  It gets them pecking.  I crumble it, almost into individual granules when I spread it on feed.

I buy enough for 4,000 chicks for something in the $30 range, they're selling enough for 375 chicks for about the same.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
rymanman

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 09:34:02 PM »

Hi,
This stuff seems to work well used it last year on Hun chicks and seemed to help them out their first two weeks!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »