Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:32:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  looking for lowest price gamebird netting?wheres the cheapist
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: looking for lowest price gamebird netting?wheres the cheapist  (Read 17357 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 12:26:53 PM »

I dont know, thats a pretty good question though. Something I could check into.

Check into it. I need new netting going on 8 years old. I am looking for, 150'x200'x2" hole heavy duty. I am looking for the other fabric, not the polyproplene type.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
finnegan

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 01:22:24 PM »

speaking of wire  the Cutlers pheasant and poultry supply  08 catalog came this morning rthe first two pages were all wire you can check them out at www.cutlersupply.com Jim
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 02:49:33 PM »

speaking of wire  the Cutlers pheasant and poultry supply  08 catalog came this morning rthe first two pages were all wire you can check them out at www.cutlersupply.com Jim

Jim,

I am looking for the top flight netting, fabric, I am not looking for the metal wire.  If quailfarm7  can get a descent price on shipping from his location  on fabric top flight netting where he can make a profit on shipment and I can save on shipping costs to my location, that is what I am looking for. Thanks anyway!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
quailfarm7
Expert Member

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 02:59:24 PM »

100'x 150' heavy duty is as big as they have. I can ask but I dont think they have any other sizes. I used to work there through the summers for 6 years when I was in high school and college. I remember putting 300'x300' pens together but we would have to ring the seams. I never saw netting that big. Working somewhere like that I think would be beneficial for our beloved birdlover. Get to exta early monday mornings for hatch days. Then in the summer move out 12-15,000 birds early in the morning and having to rush as much as possible before the scorching heat hits you. Manuring out long brooder houses, picking eggs and there are tons of other jobs that are done on a farm like this.

Adam Straub
www.straubsgamefarm.com
Quality bobwhite quail, chukar partridge and pheasants (started and mature.)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 03:44:53 PM »

100'x 150' heavy duty is as big as they have. I can ask but I dont think they have any other sizes. I used to work there through the summers for 6 years when I was in high school and college. I remember putting 300'x300' pens together but we would have to ring the seams. I never saw netting that big. Working somewhere like that I think would be beneficial for our beloved birdlover. Get to exta early monday mornings for hatch days. Then in the summer move out 12-15,000 birds early in the morning and having to rush as much as possible before the scorching heat hits you. Manuring out long brooder houses, picking eggs and there are tons of other jobs that are done on a farm like this.

Adam,
I am not looking to ring the seams together, Check the price on 100'x 150' heavy duty 2" hole but I don't want in polypropylene. I believe it is in black nylon.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 03:50:25 PM »

Adam,
 It is actually a knotted nylon netting. 2"x2" tensile strenght 116lbs.

Let me know.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

quailfarm7
Expert Member

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 04:46:27 PM »

Do you see it on your website at all? Let me know the item code on their website and I will talk to them.

Adam Straub
www.straubsgamefarm.com
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 06:24:22 AM »

SKU: T400A
2" EXTRA HEAVY 50' x 150' BLACK 105 LBS
Price: $384.75
List Price: $405.00
You Save: $20.25

This looks like the nylon not polypropylene, but it doesn't state.

Not a bad price, but the max size is 50 x150 I don't want to splice if I don't have to.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 10:02:01 AM »

That seems like a reasonable price, if it's nylon. I just paid $216.00 for a 1"x 25'X50' BRAIDED nylon. The owls get my birds with the 2" diamonds. s176

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008, 03:34:34 AM »

That seems like a reasonable price, if it's nylon. I just paid $216.00 for a 1"x 25'X50' BRAIDED nylon. The owls get my birds with the 2" diamonds. s176

The reason why I want to go 2" is due to the wet snow loads on the 1" when we get it. I sucks getting old and having to run a paint roller with a broom handle over 5500 Sqft of netting and then coming out looking like Frosty The Snowman.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 10:32:16 AM »

The reason why I want to go 2" is due to the wet snow loads on the 1" when we get it. I sucks getting old and having to run a paint roller with a broom handle over 5500 Sqft of netting and then coming out looking like Frosty The Snowman.

Yes, but it builds character !

:grin:
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 07:07:59 PM »

Check out 3T Products at www.3tproducts.com They have the best prices I have seen. I buy all my wire and netting from them.

Adam,

How is the quality of their welded wire? I see they are quite a bit cheaper than Cutler is, but I don't want to spend hard earned money for crap ~ I'll spend more for better quality. Now if the quality is good, obviously I will but from the cheaper source. Also, how's the service. Next to price, service is just as important, if not more.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 03:31:11 AM »

I sucks getting old and having to run a paint roller with a broom handle over 5500 Sqft of netting and then coming out looking like Frosty The Snowman.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
[/quot

I just had this funny image of Frosty in a large flight pen with a paint roller.  odd j1

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 07:01:35 AM »

MTBullion;
Not too much snow where your from I'll wager. :grin:

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
quailfarm7
Expert Member

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 08:53:13 AM »

Chris,
I used to buy most of my stuff from a place called BF Products in Harrisburg, PA but when 3T started I have been buying from them since. Their wire prices are along the lines of BF but its just a convenience factor that really helps me as I can call and go pick things up whenever I need them. What type of wire are you using? We use some 16ga and some 19 ga welded wire depending on size of building. Using 16 ga wherever feeders and high traffic areas are in the pen. I like the wire, that only problem is the 19ga is wavy and you cant really do anything about it since it has been rolled up. You can look at the pics on our website www.straubsgamefarm.com all of our pens have been built using their material.

Adam Straub
www.straubsgamefarm.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »