Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:59:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Feed-Discussion pertaining to various types of feeds, brands, what to feed and when.
| | | |-+  mana pro game bird feed??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mana pro game bird feed??  (Read 8902 times)
chewchew
Expert Member

« on: August 16, 2007, 12:04:21 AM »

i can get this at low cost, from my work.. will this word for a starter feed?
allso I'm told that the junker he feed the more oder the droppings will have? do ya think this is a good feed? it only comes in 5lb bags... thats the only thing.

Gamebird/Showbird — Complete Crumbles for Show Quality Birds

Manna Pro Gamebird/Showbird Feed is designed for Starting and Growing Gamebirds, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese and Broilers.  The formula includes:

24% protein with essential amino acids for fast growth, efficient gain, and high-quality plumage
Vitamins and minerals for sound development and health
Yeast culture for improved digestion and feed utilization
Manna Pro Gamebird/Showbird is non-medicated

Product Guarantees
Ingredient Listing
Feeding Directions

Available sizes:
 5 lb bag

Guaranteed Analysis 
Crude Protein  Min 24.00%
Lysine Min 1.20%
Methionine Min .45%
Crude Fat  Min 3.00%
Crude Fiber  Max 5.00%
Calcium Min 1.00%
Calcium Max 1.50%
Phosphorus Min .90%
Salt Min .20%
Salt Max .70%

Soybean meal, corn,  wheat middlings, vegetable oil, yeast culture, dl-methionine, Calcium carbonate, monocalcium phosphate, dicalcium phosphate, sodium bentonite, salt, ferrous carbonate, ferrous sulfate, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, manganous sulfate, zinc oxide, zinc sulfate, cobalt carbonate,  calcium iodate, sodium selenite, vitamin a supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin e supplement, Menadione sodium bisulfite complex, menadione dimethypyrimidinol bisulfite, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, niacin supplement, choline chloride, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B 12 supplement.

My Mom Is Going To Kill Me.. lol
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 03:44:04 AM »

This replaced the game bird starter, I was using.  I loved it.  Protein is a little on the low side for starter for Bobwhites, but otherwise, should be OK.  It would be good for Quail 8-10 weeks up.  How cheap can you buy it?  If you can get a vitamin/ mineral premix, and add it to soybean meal in the correct amount, you could add that to the feed to bring protein up.  If you have anything else to do, that may be cost prohibitive, time wise.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
chewchew
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 12:37:43 PM »

im going to look up the $$. and see if we have soy beans! thanks.

chewchew
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 10:38:15 PM »

i can get the mana pro game bird feed for $2.90 a bag.... but thats allmost $$30.00 for 50lbs..

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 11:33:02 PM »

i can get the mana pro game bird feed for $2.90 a bag.... but thats allmost $$30.00 for 50lbs..

:eek:

That's about $17 too much. I'd find another source of food. Some places like Tractor Supply will sell a 25#er, but I think that it is 24% too?   I buy 28% at a feed store for newborns.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 01:54:57 AM »

If you mix 9 scoops of 24% feed with 1 scoop of soy bean meal, you will get right at 26%.  If you do not add a vitamin/mineral premix, you will be cutting the added nutrients by 10%.  That may not be too detrimental, but I sure wouldn't go any further than that.

And, yes, that is very high, per ton.  Wouldn't matter if you only fed 5 pounds, or so per week.  Their medicated game bird starter was about $14 per 50lb bag, which is $4.75 more than I'm paying now, which is too much.

I'll try to check, tomorrow, they may bag that in 50lb bags.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »