Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:26:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  **L@@K**, New Bobwhite Mutation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: **L@@K**, New Bobwhite Mutation  (Read 10414 times)
finnegan

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 08:58:00 AM »

Hi everything is going good with them the babies are a nice color fertility is very good  i have two pens of breeders one is all snowflake the other is snowflake and mexican speckled that were bred from snowflake /MS cross last year  they are giving me about 50-50 snowflake /MS Jim
DarrenS

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 10:00:13 AM »

I was thinking about Bondoron's comment about that there would need to be a cross somewhere along the line. Could a different breed have gotten in somewhere and could this be why there is such variation in the snowflake's color. Like I said before, it looks to me like the snowflakes are more cream in color than the ones at Kennys site. I understand Kennys followup post that said that there is variation in color. But this bothers me as I wonder if the breed is fixed enough yet? I want some only if the color stays the same. I think I read somehwere that a mutation has to keep the same color from one to the next generation or it's not a mutation by scientific definition. When I look at the photos of snowflakes at each of your websites I see a real difference, not just a little difference. Jim yours look much more cream colored towards regular mex speckled?
finnegan

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »

Lighting could have something to do with it as well as they are inside i will take pics of the ones inthe outside pens jim
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »