Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 01:32:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Renewing your stock
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Renewing your stock  (Read 3673 times)
kingwolf
Expert Member

« on: March 28, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »

How do you experienced breeders of game birds keep a fresh stock of breeders without mixing blood lines and or having to start over with a whole new group of birds after your last ones are too old to lay or they all die off. If that makes any sense to you of what i am saying if not just say so and i will try to clarify whatever you need. . . thanks for your time

Chukar Partridge, California Valley Quail, Gambel Quail, Mountain Quail, Chestnut Blue Scale Quail, Snowflake Mexican Speckle, Tennessee Reds, Georgia Giants, Blonde Bobwhites, Dark cross bobwhites and always growing!
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 11:19:30 PM »

Kingwolf, I usually order some new eggs in the fall and hatch them out (around 100). Let them mature till spring  then use some of my left over mature birds from the winter and pair them up come breeding season. This does mix the blood lines which I do every so often. Hope this answered your question  ty2 Jim
makesmiles

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 09:57:58 AM »

I buy eggs from different breeders, mix them in with my eggs, and incubate. WaLa, mixed birds.

Thanks David
kingwolf
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:16:17 AM »

thanks both of you that helped me figure out what i would do but what do you do with your older breeders? Do you eventually sell all your older breeder birds out or do you just let them die out at your place. . .thanks

Chukar Partridge, California Valley Quail, Gambel Quail, Mountain Quail, Chestnut Blue Scale Quail, Snowflake Mexican Speckle, Tennessee Reds, Georgia Giants, Blonde Bobwhites, Dark cross bobwhites and always growing!
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 01:31:50 PM »

put  them on the grill or in the freezer  stp1
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:45:31 PM by jimmurray3 » Logged
makesmiles

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 04:42:41 PM »

Sell or eat..........whichever comes first............
kingwolf
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 05:59:31 PM »

good idea i never thought of that

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »