Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:00:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Who know if Huns recall
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who know if Huns recall  (Read 2416 times)
kolby

« on: January 13, 2009, 05:01:14 PM »

I have been thankfull for all the recent info given on Huns and also looked backed on old post about Huns
I have Bobwhite quail and let them out from time to time for me and my dog to injoy
of course they call back well except in breeding season.  Will Huns call back like Bobs
can you use the same setup with larger call back opening. Any insight into this subect
would be great.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 05:12:26 PM »

I'm sure they will.  I think they may be sort of on the expensive side to use that way.

I have a friend who claims Chukars call back better than Bobwhites.  I've not tried it much, but the escapees I've had usually end up on top of the flight pen, in short order. I have heard that Huns tend to be wilder birds, over all.  This might suggest a callback cage farther from the house, might work better.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
kolby

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 05:51:07 PM »

I understand they cost more just want a dozen for recreational use and hopefully louder flushes.
kcgamebirdfarm

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 01:29:05 AM »

hey huns will recall  i unfortuantly found out the hard way - walkin to the pens one day and flushing like about 40 huns up - automatically thinking what the heck are there huns doing around here - ah hell........   but yeah they came back to the pens but as far as a louder flush i dont think they would be any louder than a chukar.
KC

~what good are birds without feathers?~
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »