Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:37:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Recent Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

on: February 26, 2024, 12:05:10 AM 
Started by Reeves - Last post by shaywood
I was the original owner of this site. Sure brings back many happy memories. Sad to see some of the magazines of yesterday gone. Hope all is well.

s020
Shawn

on: February 01, 2024, 04:19:35 PM 
Started by Reeves - Last post by Reeves
All I have now are 2 Black Shoulder Peacocks. Quail long gone , but miss the Bobwhites. Love their calls.
Still have 3 Ford Pintos. One running , but is for sale. Too old for it - too fast.
Hope all my old buddies are above ground !

on: November 28, 2019, 08:53:00 PM 
Started by Reeves - Last post by Reeves
I'm still alive & the B2 car is stupid fast  :grin:

on: February 18, 2019, 09:26:23 AM 
Started by MH701 - Last post by MH701
I found this new addition to the incubator tool kit.  https://www.amazon.com/Lyric-Wi-Fi-Water-Freeze-Detector/dp/B01HBZQYYC/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Honeywell+Lyric+Wi-Fi+Water+Leak+and+Freeze+Detector%2C+RCHW3610WF&qid=1550498784&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I had a water pump leak out in the garage, which caused the pump to fail, long story short I bought this to alert me when/if it happens again. So far it has worked great. So I decided to buy another one and put it in the incubator. I know its not a substitute to hands on checking but it gives updates 3 times a day as well as historical data and alert thresholds. It connects to WiFi after its setup via Bluetooth from your phone. 

on: February 03, 2017, 03:08:42 PM 
Started by ClearcreekGamebirds - Last post by ClearcreekGamebirds
Just joined hailing near Vancouver BC. Been growing cots for a while, stepping up to Bobs now. Noticed not a lot of activity last couple years but theres are a lot of sections full of threads to search through. Cheers!

on: September 10, 2016, 12:10:07 PM 
Started by Brenda - Last post by Brenda
Any thoughts on the sudden death of 3 yr. old seemingly very healthy Mountain Quail? Was crowing all day, eating, drinking and tending his harem as usual. Went to feed in the late afternoon, he was laying on his side dead. No chemicals, predators or anything out of the ordinary seems to be involved. Other birds are fine.

Thank you!
Brenda

on: August 20, 2016, 12:24:58 AM 
Started by Pheasant Hollow Farm - Last post by CharlieHorse
I'm still alive.   w1

on: May 24, 2016, 09:30:09 AM 
Thank you Steve for the reply. I appreciate it. That's what I needed to know!

Brenda

on: May 24, 2016, 05:16:30 AM 
Started by Brenda - Last post by Pheasant Hollow Farm
I have a small flock of Mountain and Coturnix quail, (less than 30) Do I need to be NPIP to sell eggs for incubation? These are not eggs that will be consumed. I am thinking it would be much less hassle to have the birds tested for Pullorum Typhoid and Avian Flu.

Thanks!
Brenda

The only time you have to have NPIP/AI certificates is when you sell out of your state of Washington. If I were to order eggs from you, and since I am from WV, I would have to have an importation permit from my State DNR. I would need a copy of your NPIP and a certificate stating that your birds and eggs are clean. Most states if not all require this certificate.

I would think that your state, assuming that you are a state licensed game farm bird breeder, would have inform you of these proceedings that you seek.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

on: May 22, 2016, 10:38:20 AM 
I have a small flock of Mountain and Coturnix quail, (less than 30) Do I need to be NPIP to sell eggs for incubation? These are not eggs that will be consumed. I am thinking it would be much less hassle to have the birds tested for Pullorum Typhoid and Avian Flu.

Thanks!
Brenda

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10