Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:35:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  recall funnel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: recall funnel  (Read 7942 times)
grousehunter
« on: September 11, 2004, 08:22:33 PM »

Does anyone have directions for building a recall funnel?  about 100 out of 200 of my quail escaped out of their pen tonight when my english setter found her way in thank's to the help of my 5 year old son. He forgot to latch the door when he was helping me feed them.  I would like to install a recall funnel and see if I could get some of them back.  Thanks for any help.
dennycox
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 11:53:19 PM »

I don't know where I got this image or why I kept it.  But, it looks like it might work........ :D  :D

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 10:30:55 AM »

If I remember correctly, I do believe that I once read where the opening for Bobs is suppose to be 4 inches...........I'm not sure which end though, if I had to guess I would assume that it would be the "outlet".

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
dennycox
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 11:24:25 AM »

:shock:   That was dumb of me.  I didn't even think about the deminsions of the thing.  The picture I saved didn't have them.  I think 4 inches on the outlet would be a good guess, though.   :D  :D
Palm Valley Quail
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 09:22:29 PM »

Lion Country Supply has them for sale. Here's a link
http://www.lcsupply.com/store/flashcart.cfm?section=510

But if you want to make one like I did, it should have a 6" opening on the outside and funnel up to about 4".
The center of the outside opening should be about 6" off the ground.
You want it angled up so when they go though, back into the pen they have to jump down. In other words the opening on the inside of the pen should be above quail eye level.

Hope you understand how I'm explaining it . Let me know if you need me to explain some more.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »