Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:26:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Winter EGGS!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Winter EGGS!!  (Read 9650 times)
Gunny

Personal Text

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 05:36:55 PM »

Well fellas,
      The new word is that I did incubate about 20 eggs.  Some attempted to develop but only about (3).  Then they suddenly stopped for some reason, most likely a draft in the garage or something.  The rest just rotted on the inside and opened them to check, not fun.  Since, with no light, the birds continue to lay and I used about (5) dozen for pickled eggs and about another (4) dozen for egg salad sandwiches, great!  Waiting on spring to see what happens with the eggs, hopefully they are good.  We will see.  Not to mention the very large red  shouldered hawk that keeps making appearances to cause the birds to hide among the branches and 2 x 12 wood pieces propped up against the sides.  WE SHALL SEE!  Thanks guys.

Gunny
Gunny

Personal Text

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 06:41:43 AM »

Gents,
     This seems to be a dying thing with the web site.  Besides the general discussion forum and the usual suspects, Reeves, the site is hurting.  This does include me I guess, but winter is here so I hope to see more interest.  My birds, tn. reds, are doing great.  Hatched about 20 more just 4 weeks ago and have learned so much over the last 2 yrs.  One day I will learn how to use the digi camera for photos.  I still am amazed to keep finding eggs every day from the original parents even though it's in the low range of 32 every day here in southestern Michigan.  Hope all is well with everyone and sorry to here about the job loss Reeves.

Gunny
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 11:45:17 PM »

Gents,
     This seems to be a dying thing with the web site. 

Just my speculation (I know, this post is a couple months old, but I don't get out much anymore)..............Nobody has any cash these days.  The old saying of "it costs chicken/bird feed" is a high priced endeavor today. Let alone the price of materials for pens and cages. Feed cost $8 about 5 years ago, it's now $18.  Then add the increased price of electric/gas to incubate and brood= $$$$$   :-|  Expendable cash is practically non-existant any more.  Also, any owner of a website should show interest upon occasion...............   :wink:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »