Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:31:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Propagation - Advanced Science
| | |-+  Switching breeding ringed-neck pheasant 'partners'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Switching breeding ringed-neck pheasant 'partners'  (Read 6444 times)
German short-hair owner

Personal Text

« on: April 14, 2010, 03:14:36 PM »

s85  I've read up and searched this site and couldn't find anything close to an answer on this.  I have three ringed-neck pheasant hens and two roosters.  I have separated the roosters with their own hens and have been successful in getting eggs for a week.  In theory, I should be getting twice as many eggs from the rooster with two hens but I'm not even getting as many as from the single hen.  Should I switch the roosters to try to increase production or just leave as they are? 

Also, how long can I keep the eggs before incubation?  I have them at 55 deg and about 70 percent humidity (which is what I found on this site).  I'd like my incubator to be as full as it possibly can be.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

coldwind

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 04:40:07 PM »

s85  I've read up and searched this site and couldn't find anything close to an answer on this.  I have three ringed-neck pheasant hens and two roosters.  I have separated the roosters with their own hens and have been successful in getting eggs for a week.  In theory, I should be getting twice as many eggs from the rooster with two hens but I'm not even getting as many as from the single hen.  Should I switch the roosters to try to increase production or just leave as they are? 

Also, how long can I keep the eggs before incubation?  I have them at 55 deg and about 70 percent humidity (which is what I found on this site).  I'd like my incubator to be as full as it possibly can be.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Every hen is different, you may have a late starter or late layer. That not all bad because that hen may lay longer into the summer.
I would not change anything leave the roosters alone and let them settle down.
Make sure you are feeding them "Game Bird Layena"  or any game bird feed that's around 20% protein.
Keep the eggs for no longer than 7 days before putting them into the incubator.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:45:41 PM by coldwind » Logged
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:08:40 PM »

You start moving birds around during breeding season, and you may end up having a blood bath....

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 01:40:54 AM »

What he said ^... n3st

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
German short-hair owner

Personal Text

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 10:10:04 AM »

:?: Day 24 in the incubator and we have moving eggs and cracks.  Fingers crossed!!!  :?:
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »