Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  trouble hatching
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: trouble hatching  (Read 3641 times)
sam-e jo

Personal Text

« on: May 09, 2009, 03:32:45 PM »

I have 6 turkey eggs that are starting to hatch today. I have one that has had its beek out since this morning but that is all the farther it has gotten so far. There was a little bit of yellow stuff running out. Will it be ok or is it going to die?
backcountry
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:57:50 PM »

need a bit more info what is the temp and humidity at
sam-e jo

Personal Text

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 10:03:54 AM »

The temp is around 99*F and the humidity is reading about 60%. I do not think it will finish hatching any way b/c it has been 24 hours since it started. Though I do have two that fully hatched and I have three others that should be hatching today, one I thought I seen a crack in but the chick rolled it so I could not get a good look. The one in the egg is still alive and I figure if it is still alive when they are all hatched I will try helping it, I do not think it will live any way but it is worth a try. dk2 I just hope the ones that hatch will stay alive for me, this is my first time hatching birds! :xing: They look really good and are moving around a good bit, there still wet so they are still in the incubator.
DarrenS

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 12:53:17 PM »

Might be okay, you'll obviously know more in few hours
sam-e jo

Personal Text

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 08:45:26 PM »

It's been over 20 hours and I herd if they do not brake out by then they wont at all so when I took my two that did hatch out I broke it out the rest of the way. I thought he would die but so far he is up and jumping around and peeping. I am not getting my hopes up but for now he is looking good. I also have another one hatching right now and it seems to be doing really good so far.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »