Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:46:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  My quail projects and such...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My quail projects and such...  (Read 4797 times)
laughingbear

« on: April 16, 2008, 04:55:42 PM »

I am trying to get all my stuff ready before i hatch my birds.  Here is what i have been working on.

My Shed. (not done yet, needs walls and concrete and all kinds of stuff.....one day.)
Just got the tin on this weekend.  Was one piece shy, going to pick it up this weekend.

Growout pen/Brooder thingie

8' long.  2' high.  The little house part is 2' long.  Look out the hot wire will knock ya back a few steps.  Ask my Bassett Hound!!

Exercise Pen. 

I was told I could call it a flight pen, but.....

The house part is 8'x8'x8' and i am standing were the end of the netting will be.  40'.  The PVC is/will be what is holding it up.  I have a nail stuck in the top right now and the pipe stuck under it to help hold it in place.  The pipe is 25' long.  It is 10' between the ends and will be about 12' tall when i take out the nail and finish.  I have to build the sides 2' up with some tin and poles, Then the netting/pipe frame will be every 10'.  I wacked the weeds and such down to about 1 foot above the ground.

Modular Breeder Pen/Segration(sp?) Pen (inside exercise pen house)

I have just got one done now.  Going to build one beside it, and 2 above it.  You can take them out of the rack and clean them.  I am still working on it tho.  Need to make a center support for the rack, but i am going to dig out the bottom of the house and put some sand in there for them to play in.  I buried 2 deep cinder blocks that the walls are sitting on.  I have some bob whites in this pen so i could not move it around alot. 

So, any ideas?  I have alot of work to do, but its ok.  The wife is preggo (hormone with legs), so it gives me some piece and quite to work out there.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 04:59:12 PM by laughingbear » Logged

Never meddle in the affairs of Hackers, Geeks, or Nerds.  For they are subtle and quick to anger.

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 06:09:06 PM »

Wow........ that looks pretty darn good wish I had that much land to work with all we have is like 5 acres.

Good Enough Never Is
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 10:19:54 PM »

Look out the hot wire will knock ya back a few steps.  Ask my Bassett Hound!!

s020

The wife is preggo (hormone with legs), so it gives me some piece and quite to work out there. 

You'll be building more things than just pens for quail to live in if she ever reads that,  hope they're big enough for you to sleep in too!

s98

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
laughingbear

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 10:27:15 PM »

The wife is preggo (hormone with legs), so it gives me some piece and quite to work out there. 

You'll be building more things than just pens for quail to live in if she ever reads that,  hope they're big enough for you to sleep in too!

s98

I dont think she could drag herself away from myspace!! s80

Never meddle in the affairs of Hackers, Geeks, or Nerds.  For they are subtle and quick to anger.
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 05:14:00 AM »

Looks good laughingbear  j2

Do you have any problems with Gators by you?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 07:46:07 AM »

If he does not have any I can send him some..I have plenty in the bayou behind my shop..

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 07:54:02 AM »

If he does not have any I can send him some..I have plenty in the bayou behind my shop..

Don't you need an exportation permit for that? j41

Steve
PHeasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
laughingbear

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 09:47:30 AM »

Looks good laughingbear  j2

Do you have any problems with Gators by you?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Not around me.  There are a bunch a coupla miles away.  My biggest concern it rattle snakes and moccasins.  They are ALL OVER THE PLACE!!

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 10:46:41 AM »

You just need a Gun... s020

laughingbear

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 11:35:23 AM »

You just need a Gun... s020

I got that under control.  :wink:    c110