Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:47:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Bobwhites needed...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bobwhites needed...  (Read 6919 times)
Redhorse
Expert Member

« on: March 14, 2008, 09:40:41 AM »

I need to re-populate my two Johnny houses. I could use anywhere from 30-55 birds. I prefer to buy some chicks locally, (central Ohio) but if nothing else I would take about 100 eggs, and hatch them myself. I'll be checking back in on here every couple of days. Just let me know where you are, and when you might have something available.

Shotgun, bird dog, 4X4!!!!!
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

Butlers, ten. reds, Tx A&M, jumbo brown coturnix

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 05:00:39 PM »

Hello, I've got some listed on eggbid or you can goto my website as I'm getting 300+ a day now. Thanks, and GOD BLESS, Tommy
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 11:34:04 AM »

Redhorse I live around carrolton ky I don't know how far this is from you but I have plenty of bird if you are interested $2.50 each pick up only thank you jim
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 11:37:00 AM by jimmurray3 » Logged
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 11:11:08 AM »

Jim,

I will be driving to Louisville Ky a week from Thursday. I am leaving from just East of Columbus Oh. and typically take 71 south to Cincinatti, then cross the river there. How far out of my way would it be to swing by your place? Also, what issues... if any, would I need to deal with in transporting them across a state line? Only ever had eggs shipped from out of state, always bought hatched out birds locally. If we can make this work, I would likely be coming home that Saturday evening...or Sunday morning. I would need to pick up the birds on my way home.

jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 08:46:18 PM »

Redhourse, At the moment I am in decatur alabama but will be home friday (good friday) if you will send me your number I will call you friday when I get home thank you jim
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »

I will already be in Michigan (or still on my way) Friday. Leaving the kids with my mom in NW Ohio Thursday then heading to KY till Saturday. We have a prepaid Cell, I'll PM the number to you. If you could do likewise...so we are sure to get in contact, that would be great. Thanks!

Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 02:33:38 PM »

Hey Jim...I'm home now. Sorry about the last minute change of plans on Saturday. My plans got changed for me at the last minute...therefore yours did too if you get my drift.

Anyway, I will be driving past your area again in 2 weeks. Should be able to make it work this time....

jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 08:52:39 PM »

Redhorse Just keep my number handy or if you don't still have it just e-mail me when you are coming thank you jim
BravoSpinone

Bella e Bravo Spinone

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 01:24:50 PM »

Jim,

I am @ Buckeye Lake.   Need flight ready BW's, for my two JH's also.  Would like to connect with you on possibility of picking up birds for me. 

I have a permitted Dog Training Grounds,  lots of homers.  Need quail for MH test practice.  My girls know to be "good" on pigeons.   

Dan

Dan
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 05:27:11 PM »

Hey Bravo...I am about 7 miles from the public boat ramp at Buckeye Lake...sounds like we are practically neighbors. I would be glad to pick up some additional birds from Jim for you on my way back from KY. I am leaving for Knob Creek Gun Range on Thursday April 10th, returning on Sunday April 13th. You would need to get enough $$ to cover your birds into my hands before I leave. I plan on coming back from the Knob practically broke, but with a truck load of ammo  c110 I will likely have just enough cash to pay Jim for the birds I want and cover my gas to get home  ::)

I'll PM you my home # give me a call and we'll make arrangements.

jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 08:31:24 PM »

Redhorse & Bravospineone, If you are sure you want bob's for sure please let me know a.s.a.p. I seem to be selling them as soon as they are old enough to fly well and by the way because of the price of feed now I had to raise the price of the birds to $3.00 each wich still is cheaper than most. But what ever yall decide please let me know and I will save what you want for the 13th thank you jim
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 10:44:30 AM »

I am leaving for Knob Creek Gun Range on Thursday April 10th

:grin:

Have never been there, but have seen and heard plenty about it.....looks like a good time and alot of excitement!!   They make some whiskey there called Knob Creek too.   :cool:

Have Fun!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 09:48:09 AM »

Yeah...we typically enjoy a snort or 3 of that whisky around the campfire after the shoot shuts down.  :wink:

Jim...you raising the price on me mid deal? Now my wife is costing me money just because she changed my plans  j4 what a bummer! At least I got another 2 steelhead out of the river because of that change in plans  :grin:

I'll keep you posted on what we are going to do. Talked to Dan on the phone Tuesday night. I should hear back from him today or tomorrow.

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 01:25:05 AM »

Now my wife is costing me money just because she changed my plans 

You say that like it's a surprise.  Change men, change their plans, cost them money.  Old News!

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 09:30:33 AM »

Well...the machine gun shoot has been canceled. Flooding has taken out the the bridge that goes across Knob Creek to get to the range. I ordered a bunch of stuff to sell down there...oh well.

No trip to Ky...guess there is a conspiracy against me getting some birds this spring  s80

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »