Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:25:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  In need of some chickens
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In need of some chickens  (Read 5262 times)
birdman1671

« on: February 24, 2008, 08:07:07 PM »

The township sent me a letter saying that my land was gonna be resurveyed as residential when i bought the house it was agriculturial so i am need of some chickens so i can still be considered agricultural i am located in michigan i need them in like 2 days so if anyone has some i need them as soon as possible just let me know the price

thanks jake
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 01:55:57 PM »

I doubt they can get by with that, without a hearing. 

If you spend a couple of hours at the local cafe, or other gathering place, you could probably find someone with enough Rebel blood to lend you a flock of chickens.  Maybe even a herd of cattle.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 02:31:31 PM »

I guess it all depends on the area you are located at. When I move to WV and bought this place it was listed on the tax maps as residential.

The property I have is 15ac out in the country. There is nothing but farmland and woods all over in my area.

Just a little history about my property, this was a Bank foreclosed zoo. The property was taxed as commercial while it was a zoo. When it went into foreclosure the county then changed it to residential property and not rural farm property. The reason for this, more money can be taxed on residential then rural farmland.

When I started Pheasant Farming, I notified the tax assessor and he came down to verify what I was doing was agriculture, and then my tax base code was change from residential to farming which lowered my property tax.

If and when I decide either to get out of pheasant farming or out of the agriculture end of farming, my property will revert back to residential. I have to apply every year for a farm use exemption.

This could be the same way where birdman1671 lives. If you don’t use the farmland for farming, it is reclassed as residential and is worth more on the property tax rolls.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 03:45:38 PM »

.....you could probably find someone with enough Rebel blood to lend you a flock of chickens. 

s020

.........this was a Bank foreclosed zoo. The property was taxed as commercial while it was a zoo.

So what convinced you to purchase that property?   ........did it remind you of where you were raised?   (Zoo)

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 04:06:48 PM »

.....you could probably find someone with enough Rebel blood to lend you a flock of chickens. 

s020

.........this was a Bank foreclosed zoo. The property was taxed as commercial while it was a zoo.

So what convinced you to purchase that property?   ........did it remind you of where you were raised?   (Zoo)

Pretty much so!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdman1671

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 04:55:46 PM »

we have 4 horses and the neighbor got the same letter and he went up to fight it and they told him to bad
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 02:25:27 AM »

How much property do you have, and how much property does your neighbor have? Any other neighbors within your immediate area get the notices?

Are they putting restrictions on property size what can be considered as agriculture?

Are you located in or around an area that is zoned residential, or re-zoned for future residential development?

Something just doesn't sound right. PM Member"Jake Levi", he is in Northern Michigan he might be able to help you out on this also.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdman1671

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 09:06:31 AM »

i have 10 acres but they are putting up a subdivision right behind me
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 10:02:28 AM »

:-[

There ya go.    Sounds to me like they are just starting to "push" you out of Dodge!? 

As Pheasnat Hollow mentioned,

.............putting restrictions on property size what can be considered as agriculture?

.............located in or around an area that is zoned residential, or re-zoned for future residential development?

Something just doesn't sound right.

Actually they are locating their residential area in your agricultural area.   

I'm sure some fine outstanding elected public official will come to your rescue and do what is right.  :-|    .......just kiddin'!   :x   And just think who's paying their way for the remainder of their lives?   Kinda makes a fella want to give more.   s53

Good luck, sounds to me as though you had better be making some moves......fast.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 10:05:35 AM »

I would get a hold of Jake Levi and see if he knows who to contact about this. If nothing else, I would see about getting your property grandfarthered as long as you and any immediate family member continues in some sort of agriculture.

One other thing I would like to mention, you stated in your first post
The township sent me a letter saying that my land was gonna be resurveyed as residential.

If I were you, I would get my own surveyor and have him/her redo the  property, and make sure that he/she puts concrete monuments on all four(4) corners of your property.

If the town/county is going to do the re-survey, you may wind up shorter the the inital 10ac.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 10:33:04 AM »

Another thing that sucks, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that the states/county/towns can take your property under eminent domain, for the good of the community. You see, by the land developers taking the property, and making affordable development housing with 1 ac of land, is adds more property $$$ to the property tax rolls then raw land would.

Now unless your states constitution has been change to protect you from this, you are going to be S.O.L. .

So if your property is nice and flat, and looks to be prime real estate, be prepared for them to try and buy you out, or flat out take it from you.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 05:13:44 PM »

I bet someone has a piece of paper somewhere (blueprints) that has plans already made up on it for your property and any surrounding property.  Almost guarantee it.  Although, this is not uncommon for most property, somebody, somewhere, has a big comprehensive plan for most areas. Some are pipe dreams, others come true.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »