Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 10:51:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482419 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1335 on: January 25, 2009, 12:37:36 AM »

I was out mowing corn the other day in the snow, had to walk a mile back home through the treacherous woods to get tools

and up hill both ways eh !  s020
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #1336 on: January 25, 2009, 12:50:24 AM »

I was out mowing corn the other day in the snow, had to walk a mile back home through the treacherous woods to get tools

and up hill both ways eh !  s020

You're not a kiddin'!  About 97% up hill on way to house!  Alot easier going back. Wasn't really prepared for the hike..........way too many clothes and huge boots.

Arctic blast is back for a while now, snow is gone, but ground is freezing deeper and deeper.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #1337 on: January 25, 2009, 02:15:34 PM »

Clear and Sunny :?:
-35*c without the wind chill -48* in the wind, -30*c is the warmest it has been since I got out here on the 20th.  s176
Most days the wind chill has been -48*c to a balmy -41*c
I HATE Saskatchewan!!!!!!

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1338 on: January 25, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »

Clear and Sunny :?:
-35*c without the wind chill -48* in the wind, -30*c is the warmest it has been since I got out here on the 20th.  s176
Most days the wind chill has been -48*c to a balmy -41*c
I HATE Saskatchewan!!!!!!

But just think.....in a few months the snow and cold will be gone !
Never mind the dust that will remove paint over night !

s020
ode2god
« Reply #1339 on: January 25, 2009, 09:15:18 PM »

awww poor babies  s49  freezing yer little booties off..getting ready here for nice weather to return high 76 low 55 ,stinks being up north...if yall came down here in our summer, im guessing you'd have the a/c running in march ...we handle the heat better  than you snow birds       t15    c53
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #1340 on: January 26, 2009, 07:13:43 AM »

Well Ode, when you are ready for 124 F, I've got just the place for you to go hiking.

Where I lived in the Arava in Israel, south of the Dead Sea. In august it stays above 100 F for weeks, and thats the morning temperature.

A little different here in northern MI, it was -11 when I looked this morn, stiff breeze blowing.  Supposed to be this way for the week.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #1341 on: January 26, 2009, 07:50:27 AM »

Sun rising and it's 4* with clear skies. Should see 24* for the high.
More snow to come on Wed.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1342 on: January 26, 2009, 07:52:00 AM »

Good morning to you Jake!

Snow falling this morning. So far 3/4 of an inch and 21*. High today 28* with winds Lt and Var. 30% chance of snow.

Have a nice day!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1343 on: January 26, 2009, 07:52:55 AM »

Morning to ya Pete!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #1344 on: January 26, 2009, 08:13:02 AM »

Good morning Steve. Is any of the snow your getting staying around or does it melt quickly?

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1345 on: January 26, 2009, 08:47:53 AM »

Pete,

The last snow we had, being the first snow of the New year, hung around for over a week. We had flurries over the weekend that amounted to a dusting, due to the ambient temps reaching above 32* and then melting, then dropping below to start to accumulate once again.

The snow lately has been more of a hindrance then anything else. I look at this weather with the snow to either SH^t or get of the Pot. I would rather see massive snow all at once then to deal with the tease.

The last decent snow was when we first move down here, the winter of 2001. We had better then 2.5 foot of snow and with the cold temps it just added to the accumulations each time it snowed. I think we had a total snow accumulation for Jan-Feb of 2001 close to 3 foot on the ground before the temps were above 32* to start the melt and that's when the floods came.

I have seen more snow here in WV within the last 9 years then I have seen on Long Island, NY where I had moved from in the last 15 years living there. Of course the snow fall was lighter on LI being on the Atlantic coast. But when we did get the snow it was a punishment for lack of snow in prior years.

I love the snow and the Four Seasons. You wouldn't/couldn't get me to move to, or to even visit Florida on a bet. To many Roaches that you can place a saddle on and ride into town, along with all the illegals down there. I consider that place called Florida, at least the Southern part little Cuba.

Maine, NH, VT, all choice place to live out a retirement, such as WV. Job opportunities in these states are really far and few, unless you are bringing an industry with you, or going to be self employed.

I am retired, but the wife works. FED Gov. Worker,  :grin: she gets the same base pay no matter where we  were to move. The other bennies are standard of living expense. 4 more years, and she will retire. Then I think I will get a job. j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1346 on: January 26, 2009, 08:58:09 AM »

Hey Pete,

When I was in the Naval Reserves, I did 2 weeks in La. If you ever get the chance to go to the Mardi Gras, you won’t be disappointed.

I think I could pass up the winter to move to La, if the property was what I was looking for.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #1347 on: January 26, 2009, 09:30:09 AM »

Steve, I don't think I could stand the crowds at Mardi Gras. A little break from the cold and snow would be ok.
It's NH and I wouldn't expect anything less. I love the seasons. 

Abraham Lincoln
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1348 on: January 26, 2009, 09:46:20 AM »

Steve, I don't think I could stand the crowds at Mardi Gras. A little break from the cold and snow would be ok.
It's NH and I wouldn't expect anything less. I love the seasons. 

s020 Good for you Pete!

I have never boasted so much for a state in my life. I love WV, I have been here going on 9years, I have never shown my love for NYS or Long Island in the 59 years that I lived there.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #1349 on: January 27, 2009, 06:36:19 AM »

Good morning Steve

I feel much the same about Michigan, great place to live, not so great if you have to find a job, they are becoming an endangered species here. 

Coolish here this morn, clear sky, you can see the stars up close and personal, its -30F this morn, with some breeze.  But that global warming is about to kick in any moment.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »