Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 10:33:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482419 times)
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #915 on: October 16, 2008, 08:08:20 AM »

55 at 8AM looks like rain today
Cold front coming in. Next few days will be in the mid 50's and 30's at night.
Looks like a good weekend to take the bow out and look for some deer c110

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
Suz658
« Reply #916 on: October 16, 2008, 08:17:21 AM »

Hey Suz,

When does your winter kick in, and what is the average snow fall in your area?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Hiya Steve

To be honest its felt like winter all year ... we really didn't get much of a summer.  I don't know if they do it in the states, but our clocks go back an hour at 2am Sunday 19th, so we gain an hour of daylight which sort of means winter is starting.  Usually winter lasts from November to mid March here, winters are mixture of either pouring rain & hail or really hard frosts with some snow ... I don't know if its an old wives tale but they say it gets too cold for snow, daytime temps are between 25oF -35oF, but the wind chill makes it feel much colder .... but when we get snow we get it good for a coastal village ... open fields cause snow drifts that have been known to block off the village from the outside world for a few days, but the salt air soon shifts it .... our council are never prepared with gritters & plows or they concentrate on keeping the main roads open and forget about us ... daft cos we're only 13 miles from the city not completely remote.....

Im absolutely usless with geography, so don't know hot & cold bits of the US .... do you get rough winters where you are?

Suz

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #917 on: October 16, 2008, 08:42:42 AM »

Suz,

Winter here since 2000 (that's when I move here from NY) have had its ups and downs. The first year here it snowed before Our Thanksgiving which is the last Thursday in November. Heavy snow's usually come in Jan, Feb.

We have gotten I think in 2001 or in 2002 better then 3 feet of snow at the end of Dec and into Jan. It seemed like all it did was snowed.

We change our clocks as well. See the topic that CharlieHorse stated in the Site and Forum Announcements/ Feedback

It was still dark here this morning at 7:30am

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Suz658
« Reply #918 on: October 16, 2008, 08:55:03 AM »

We change our clocks as well. See the topic that CharlieHorse stated in the Site and Forum Announcements/ Feedback

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

:-[ :-[ :-[ OOPS .... after all this time on this forum I just noticed there was a Site and Forum Announcements/ Feedback section .... for some reason that and Hunting Gamebirds were hidden ???
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #919 on: October 16, 2008, 09:13:58 AM »

We here at That Quail Place never hide anything j2

All the forums are right out in the open.. There are at times that we would like to hit a delete button s020

...and things that vanish, or have been removed can only be done by the Admin of this site, and I am not one of them, sorry to say.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #920 on: October 16, 2008, 01:10:18 PM »

I for one vote for you to be ONE!!!!!!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #921 on: October 16, 2008, 01:17:07 PM »

I for one vote for you to be ONE!!!!!!!

j45  s98 j41

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #922 on: October 17, 2008, 11:49:18 AM »

Temps this morning @ 5am 47* and  it doesn't look like we are even going to make the 67* for the high. What a raw day, damp and no sun.

Have a nice weekend j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #923 on: October 17, 2008, 12:08:18 PM »

Suns out and it's 57*
Looks like we will have some frost this weekend

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #924 on: October 17, 2008, 12:32:34 PM »

Looks as if there may have to be a fire started this weekend?   s47  Reeves probably would be out laying in the pool around here at these temps.  It will make for good wood cuttin' temperatures.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #925 on: October 17, 2008, 12:52:46 PM »

Looks as if there may have to be a fire started this weekend?   s47  Reeves probably would be out laying in the pool around here at these temps.  It will make for good wood cuttin' temperatures.

s020 I have a fire going right now.. I still didn't get the 4 cords to finish up. Just to many other things getting in the way, or just to F#$*?@% lazy in my old age.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #926 on: October 17, 2008, 01:52:14 PM »

s020 I have a fire going right now.. I still didn't get the 4 cords to finish up. Just to many other things getting in the way, or just to F#$*?@% lazy in my old age.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Cool..fire This week i might make a fire and bake some bread in it, kind of like a brick oven.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #927 on: October 17, 2008, 01:56:48 PM »

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Cool..fire This week i might make a fire and bake some bread in it, kind of like a brick oven.

birdlover,

You have missed your calling. You just happen to be born at the wrong time and in the wrong state. You are a pisser  j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #928 on: October 17, 2008, 02:14:10 PM »

[/quote]Or a porch fire j45

Abraham Lincoln
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #929 on: October 17, 2008, 02:40:36 PM »

More than likely a "no burn" ordinance within city limits.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »