Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:29:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482437 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #645 on: June 09, 2008, 10:31:24 AM »

We call them "tubes" up here culverts !  :grin:

Hope the guy down stream has culverts at least as big as yours  s020

Reeves,

West Virginians call them culverts as well. I am a transplant from Long Island, NY and I call them Tubes as well.

As far as down stream, when it leaves my property it is on its way to the Ohio River.  s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #646 on: June 09, 2008, 11:03:48 AM »

Any fish in your creek ?

A trapper fella that was shooting Beavers in my creek this spring told me there are small Pike in it. I keep meaning to wet a line......I procrastinate well !
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #647 on: June 09, 2008, 11:20:53 AM »

Any fish in your creek ?

A trapper fella that was shooting Beavers in my creek this spring told me there are small Pike in it. I keep meaning to wet a line......I procrastinate well !

Reeves,

There are Pumpkin seed, Large and small mouth bass, some hybrids. I am not into fresh water fishing. So I really couldn't tell you what else there is.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #648 on: June 09, 2008, 12:55:53 PM »

I go  c53 in a lake that has Sunfish/Bluegill, Bass, Carp, Catfish and others.   I'll start fishing next month, can't wait.  p42

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #649 on: June 09, 2008, 05:50:23 PM »

after looking at the  stump inside the culvert    a picture came to mind of a steel plate over the end of the culvert and a wick hanging out. what a fourth of July firework that would be.  mount a scope on the top and reeves could blast  coyotes all day  with the 1000 mm stump cannon

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #650 on: June 09, 2008, 07:59:18 PM »

s020
Britton Howe

« Reply #651 on: June 09, 2008, 10:45:32 PM »

well it can't decide if it's going to be summer or fall. lost all my tomator plants yesterday morning below freezing s176 s80
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #652 on: June 10, 2008, 05:01:18 AM »

Well once again another week and it looks like we are in for the heavy rains.

Outside temps here under lightning skies coming from the west: 73* calm winds.

The rest of the out look for Today: Scattered thunderstorms. A few storms may be severe. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds. High 82F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Hopefully any high water will flush the stump out the culvert pipe.

Have a nice day!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #653 on: June 10, 2008, 09:58:38 AM »

Dang we got a rain last night and it was not even predicted..and a good one too..That is one big ROOT Steve...looks like some more rain may be on its way...high today 89*

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #654 on: June 10, 2008, 12:41:19 PM »

well it can't decide if it's going to be summer or fall. lost all my tomator plants yesterday morning below freezing s176 s80

sorry about that, i have plenty of extra tomato plants, if you want some you could have them.   

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Britton Howe

« Reply #655 on: June 10, 2008, 02:28:29 PM »

sorry about that, i have plenty of extra tomato plants, if you want some you could have them.   

thanks where do you live?
Britton Howe

« Reply #656 on: June 10, 2008, 02:30:19 PM »

raining again today and post to get close to freezing tomorrow morning. s176 I love the cooler weather just wish it wouldn't get so cold in the moring.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #657 on: June 10, 2008, 02:33:49 PM »

raining again today and post to get close to freezing tomorrow morning. s176 I love the cooler weather just wish it wouldn't get so cold in the moring.

Where are you located that the temps hover or go below freezing this time of the year. The last couple of mornings it has been in the low 70*. They state the low for tonight at 58*

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 03:16:47 PM by Pheasant Hollow Farm » Logged

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #658 on: June 10, 2008, 02:45:22 PM »

I was just thinking da same thang....maybe that was a delayed post... s020

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #659 on: June 11, 2008, 12:07:14 AM »

It's so wet around here, I've got algae growing on bare dirt on southern hillsides!

Hope the guy down stream has culverts at least as big as yours

s020   

How do you think Steve received it?  One nice thing about it............the creeks, banks, ditches, and surrounding areas are swept clean around here now. I don't remember seeing the creeks around my place being so cleaned out. There's not a leaf or a stick in them.     My driveway is clean too.............clean over the hill!!   :x

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »