Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482465 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #615 on: June 03, 2008, 06:35:09 AM »

Chilly 46* and cloudy here at the farm in Slate, WV.

Todays outlook...... Mostly cloudy early. Scattered strong thunderstorms this afternoon. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds. High 81F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Tonight..... Scattered thunderstorms...some may be locally strong, especially during the evening. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds. Low 66F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

It looks like the return of last weekend weather wise..

Oh well........ Enjoy the day j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #616 on: June 03, 2008, 07:55:33 AM »

Steve...my weather yesterday was much the same as yours. It came in from the east. The garage door faces west, so I sat and watched the T-Storm(s) roll over me. Cool !
Needed the break....had to bury a power line and dig in a second one to finish the barn yard off. Then load/unload all the trees I had cut down in the yard (about 40-50), in 22c sun ! When the T-storms rolled through it really cooled off nicely.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #617 on: June 03, 2008, 08:42:43 AM »

Steve...my weather yesterday was much the same as yours. It came in from the east. The garage door faces west, so I sat and watched the T-Storm(s) roll over me. Cool !
Needed the break....had to bury a power line and dig in a second one to finish the barn yard off. Then load/unload all the trees I had cut down in the yard (about 40-50), in 22c sun ! When the T-storms rolled through it really cooled off nicely.

I just got finished with the birds and it looks like the calm before the storm.

This morning around 0700 we had a nice looking red morning. You know the old saying, Red morning sailors take warning and the counter to thatRed night a sailors Delight. It hold so true. When it is a red night at sunset, the following day always turns out great. If there is a red morning, guaranteed within the next few hours the weather turns to  c109 .

How deep did ya dig for the cable, and how far was the run? Where did ya dump the trees ya dug up?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #618 on: June 03, 2008, 08:57:14 AM »

Cables are 12/2 rated for under ground (in B.C. not here  :angel:) and 2' deep. Inside a plastic 1" water line pipe, up one of those steel fence posts you have seen. This is for if I want to one day put a light on the pole. Then a second wire runs down and over to the water line riser I put outside the property line.....in case one day me, or someone else, wants to install a stock water/tank. Power will be there for a heater.
I should mention, the power was a fairly short run. It is in the same ditch as the water line, which is about 8-9 feet deep. I ran it up to near the surface then 5-6' from there to the pole. Close enough for "farm work"  :grin:
Water line was kept at 8-9' deep, then straight up in an 8-10" pipe. No pressure in it. I'll leave it empty till/if needed in the future. The valve for it will be inside the stock tank in the pole barn. (you likely remember reading about that work I posted about last year in the Fence pole topic ? pictures in that topic show what I'm talking about)
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #619 on: June 03, 2008, 10:32:12 AM »

Started out in the mid 70`s this am and going up to the mid 90`s late afternoon...Have to get out and get your work done early from now till mid Sept...need some rain, but none in sight..

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #620 on: June 03, 2008, 02:28:37 PM »

temps 70s to 80s transplanting more veggies today, will post pictures of my garden soon.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #621 on: June 04, 2008, 07:18:10 AM »

Outside temp at Slate, WV 66* cloudy.

Looks like the same as yesterday except no red morning skies.

Mostly Cloudy
Feels Like:66°
Barometer:29.78 in and rising rapidly
Humidity:88%
Visibility:10 mi
Dewpoint:63°
Wind:S 7 mph
Sunrise:6:00 am
Sunset:8:47 pm

We also have a severe weather alert for flash floods.

Today: Scattered thunderstorms during the morning becoming more widespread this afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High 83F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Tonight: Variable clouds with thunderstorms, especially early. A few storms may be severe. Low 66F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.

T-storm rolled through here last night like the hammers of hell. Power went out heavy rains but no winds.

I wonder how CharlieHorse made out last night and this morning. Any one else caught up in this long storm mass coming from the west?

Have a dry one if ya can j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #622 on: June 04, 2008, 10:40:08 AM »

It's on its way here from Ohio. Thunder in the immediate area and the sky is darkening.

CharlieHorse, how ya doing??

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #623 on: June 04, 2008, 11:42:54 AM »

Mid 70`s this am with gusty wind around 15 mph with a high of mid 90`s this afternoon...sunny sunny...HOT....I am now picking fresh fruits and vegges from the garden....

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #624 on: June 04, 2008, 03:50:14 PM »

Round 3  s53 !  More   s53  rain and thunder and lighting. So far since this morning, we have had over 3 inches and the bridge is about to flood and the  s53 is starting to pile up against it as well.

The radio station has had more NOAA Weather interuptions about servere T-Storms updates one can't keep track of them anymore.

The temps are now down to 67* and with the winds it feels more like fall weather. Ground saturation is about at the max and it won't be long before the trees start to fall over.

I think it is Miller Time  s020 can't do much of anything else.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #625 on: June 04, 2008, 09:09:50 PM »

MILLER TIME is GOOD!!!!!!

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #626 on: June 05, 2008, 07:23:54 AM »

05:16
14c sunny (when out to open the bird pens, it looks 50% or more cloudy)
High 19c
T-Storms this afternoon and evening.
Clearing over night , then rain for Friday and Saturday.

Off to work this morning....going to dig up a tank of some kind on an old gas lease.
H2S will be in the tank and ground from over flow and likely rusted out. H2S is highly corrosive. Personal monitor will be worn. Goes off, then have to be on supplied air to finish the job. Providing the concentration isn't high enough to kill me  ::)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #627 on: June 05, 2008, 07:51:28 AM »

Have a good day Reeves, and a better day tomorrow.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #628 on: June 05, 2008, 07:56:45 AM »

Oh, and the weather here in Slate WV after 4 inches of accumulated rain for 2 days of storms, Sunny morning, temps 67* clear blue skies calm winds.

Bridge flooded, tubes plugged with debris, and bottom food plot under 5 foot of water.

Other then that, nice weather day, high 93* j41

Have a nice day!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #629 on: June 05, 2008, 08:06:18 AM »

Another hot one today high of 93* very little wind and partly cloudly...another Valley Quail hatch going on today...

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »