Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:40:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482402 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #585 on: May 22, 2008, 09:14:56 AM »

weather says 43 felt more like 39F

Thank you.

This gives me a comparison between states and different regions within the states. Not only that, this can then be used to compare the temps/rain status next year on this date.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
GSP4

« Reply #586 on: May 22, 2008, 09:29:44 AM »

That's why I started posting my area, I thought it may help. anything you think I could post that would help please let me know :?:
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #587 on: May 22, 2008, 09:48:04 AM »

That's why I started posting my area, I thought it may help. anything you think I could post that would help please let me know :?:

GSP4,

Post what you see out the window when you either get up in the morning or when you come on line. Post the current temps, the highs for the day and the lows along with rain/winds. If possible, the next day, post what the actual high you had the day before, and any other conditions that you may feel important to your immediate area.

I have been keeping a journal on my farm with daily activities that seem to be important within my area, such as floods, high water, morning temps recorded when I get up along with sky conditions and winds.

I will also update the journal numerous times during the day on any current events, (this includes the temps and sun and wind conditions) that may be taking place either on the farm, or within the local area.

If nothing else, when I drop dead, and my son and his family eventually get the farm, they will be able to read what has happen over the years. It is almost like a diary, but not in the personal sense.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
GSP4

« Reply #588 on: May 22, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »

GSP4,

Post what you see out the window when you either get up in the morning or when you come on line. Post the current temps, the highs for the day and the lows along with rain/winds. If possible, the next day, post what the actual high you had the day before, and any other conditions that you may feel important to your immediate area.

I have been keeping a journal on my farm with daily activities that seem to be important within my area, such as floods, high water, morning temps recorded when I get up along with sky conditions and winds.

I will also update the journal numerous times during the day on any current events, (this includes the temps and sun and wind conditions) that may be taking place either on the farm, or within the local area.

If nothing else, when I drop dead, and my son and his family eventually get the farm, they will be able to read what has happen over the years. It is almost like a diary, but not in the personal sense.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Ok I will try. :grin:  that weather journal sounds like a good Idea, I may start 1 of my own :grin:
thanks for the idea Steve  j2
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #589 on: May 22, 2008, 08:30:29 PM »

Hey,
mid 60s  windy     Leaving tomorrow to go to North Carolina for the weekend. p42 j2..not such  a great time to go with the high gas prices .....i'll be back Tuesday.                            

Enjoy  Memorial Day guys!! :wink:          
Take Care!!

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #590 on: May 23, 2008, 03:28:26 AM »

Hey,
mid 60s  windy     Leaving tomorrow to go to North Carolina for the weekend. p42 j2..not such  a great time to go with the high gas prices .....i'll be back Tuesday.                            

Take Care!!

What about the care for the birds and the new chicks???

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #591 on: May 23, 2008, 03:51:22 AM »

Outside temp at 0335 5-23-08 in Slate,WV 46.3* clear skies and calm winds. I anticipate the temp to drop to around 42* by sunrise before the upswing due to radiant cooling (clear skies).

The outlook for today although still early: Generally sunny despite a few afternoon clouds. High 69F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.

Temps yesterday hit a high of 79* at 5pm with plenty of sunshine all day with winds out of the SW @ 3-6 mph.

Have a nice day!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

GSP4

« Reply #592 on: May 23, 2008, 06:52:43 AM »

current conditions 49F
feels like 45F
cloudy with light west breeze

High: 72F Low: 47F

Fair 49F
Feels Like:45F
Barometer:29.93 in and rising
Humidity:63%
Visibility:10 mi
Dewpoint:37°
Wind:WNW 9 mph
Sunrise:5:45 am
Sunset:8:25 pm

Sunny to partly cloudy. High around 70F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.

Have a good day :?:
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #593 on: May 23, 2008, 02:12:52 PM »

Hey,

Take Care!!

What about the care for the birds and the new chicks???

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Steve,
i have someone who will take care of them while i'm gone, they should be fine.
Take Care!!!!

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #594 on: May 25, 2008, 05:05:28 AM »

Exceptional day yesterday j2 Highs hit 79* here at the farm with limited clouds and winds Lt & Var for most of the day.

Temps outside this morning, a clear chilly 39* and calm winds.

For todays menu we have: Plentiful sunshine. High 79F. Winds light and variable.

Have a nice day j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #595 on: May 25, 2008, 06:31:42 AM »

Outside temps have now fell to 36*. morning dew and light fog.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #596 on: May 25, 2008, 09:25:40 AM »

OK this morning when I got up and looked out the window I saw BLACK...does that help.. s020 Sorry just could not resist...kinda like that Butler thing... s020  &$* this am...opps!! 74* this am and cloudy muggy muggy muggy no wind high of 91* been really HOT lately...Morning Steve how you doing????I got Valleys hatching right now !!!!!!!! I just love those little buggers...They are my favorite....Have a great day everyone..!!!!!!!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #597 on: May 26, 2008, 09:25:44 AM »

Today is gona be same as yesterday.....HOT!!!!!!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jbird
Expert Member

Gods Creatures are for everyone to enjoy

« Reply #598 on: May 26, 2008, 11:13:33 AM »

Rain off and on all day, temp is in the low to mid 70s and it's memorial day, so much for the family BBQ.  SW MO
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #599 on: May 27, 2008, 07:51:24 AM »

outside temp at 0745, 67* cloudy and an overcast skies. For this morning, we have a 50% chance of rain and t-showers. The afternoon hours, more clouds the sun with the  high of only 76*

Yesterdays average highs after scattered mid morning showers were mid to upper 80* with sun and clouds. High hit 90* at 4pm before dropping back into the mid 80*after another sporatic rain shower in the area.

Have a nice day j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »