Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:34:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482453 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #465 on: April 22, 2008, 03:34:15 AM »

U-n-b-l-i-v-e-a-b-l-e !!

I go out and sweep off my truck so the wife can use it to go to work, pull it ahead so it's near the gate & a short wolk for her....

Her: did you shovel a path to the truck for me ?

Me: What the hell for ?

Her: so I can wear my work shoes to it !

Me: wear your snow boots !

Her: BUT IT IS A P.I.T.A. TO CHANGE INTO THEM IN THE TRUCK !

Me: WELL CHANGE THEM INSDIE AT WORK !

Her: (grumble grumble)

Me: out I go and shovel a path to the truck.....

Her: You didn't have to do that, I was going to put my work shoes in a plastic bag and take them to work that way (said with a grin)

Me: Go to work ! And I'm NOT going to shovel a path for you when you get home !

Her: That's OK, I'll just put them on the register to dry out !

::)

You guys need to get along better, take it easy, relax. Live everyday to the fullest!!! :wink:

We have got to DR.s in the house now. Birdlover AKA Dr. pil and TommyVTO5 AKA Doogie.

Who's next? Dr. Ruth s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #466 on: April 22, 2008, 09:26:12 AM »

Kids  ::)

-9c winds W 19km/h (feels like -16c) 80% light snow. Next sunny day predicted is next Sunday , with a high of 6c.

Had to shovel a couple places to get to and open pens. One drift is at least 4' deep, behind the Amherst house.
I have as much snow in the yard now as I did all winter. To think a week (or so) ago it was +20c and no snow left !

This storm has delayed work....likely cost me 8-10k  :cry:
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #467 on: April 22, 2008, 09:33:31 AM »

What's going on there? This is April 22nd s020 It is now 69* under sunny skies and winds Lt and var. Starting to work up a sweat with this heat wave s020 High could reach low 80*..

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #468 on: April 22, 2008, 10:21:40 AM »

67* at 5am w/a high of 80* today..Foggy w/a perdiction of rain by noon. Very muggy out..Humidity around 96 took all the water out of the incubators..

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #469 on: April 22, 2008, 10:35:19 AM »

67* at 5am w/a high of 80* today..Foggy w/a perdiction of rain by noon. Very muggy out..Humidity around 96 took all the water out of the incubators..

slider,
 Where ya got your incubators? We have here outside humidity at 86% and my incubators(GQF Sportsman) are using a 1 qt a day and my huge cabinet Humidaire uses 1 gal in a 24hr period.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #470 on: April 22, 2008, 12:05:58 PM »

Steve I have them in a incubator room, but down here I do not use very much water at all . If I keep water in there all of the time the chicks get sticky. Most of the time I go by keeping an eye on the air sack size instead of the humidity reading in the incubator our humidity down here will drive you crazy trying to hatch eggs...The less water the better the hatch...Except in July and August...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #471 on: April 22, 2008, 01:19:22 PM »

Steve I have them in a incubator room, but down here I do not use very much water at all . If I keep water in there all of the time the chicks get sticky. Most of the time I go by keeping an eye on the air sack size instead of the humidity reading in the incubator our humidity down here will drive you crazy trying to hatch eggs...The less water the better the hatch...Except in July and August...

slider,

Post some picture of ya incubator room..

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #472 on: April 22, 2008, 11:26:59 PM »

Steve I will as soon as I get a new camera...and learn how...The only way that I have ever done pictures is through email. I no longer have a camera but plan on getting one...

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #473 on: April 23, 2008, 07:35:01 AM »

Outside temp in Slate WV @ 0731 47* sun peeking over the ridge and some clouds. Nice morning so far. High 78* with winds Lt and Var.

Yesterdays high hit 77* with sunshine all day.

Have a nice day  j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #474 on: April 23, 2008, 07:57:32 AM »

64* here this am sun is out but going to be a little cloudy and maybe some  showers high of 84*....I am out of here on my way to South Louisiana...long drive, but be back tonight...Have a great day everyone.....
Steve you up a little early this am...??

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #475 on: April 23, 2008, 08:23:46 AM »

-9c & calm. Calling for a high of 0c.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #476 on: April 23, 2008, 09:08:35 AM »

64* here this am sun is out but going to be a little cloudy and maybe some  showers high of 84*....I am out of here on my way to South Louisiana...long drive, but be back tonight...Have a great day everyone.....
Steve you up a little early this am...??

Slider,

I think around 4am. Safe trip j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #477 on: April 23, 2008, 09:13:20 AM »

-9c & calm. Calling for a high of 0c.

Reeves,

I think you guys up there better kick start that Global Warming thing that Al Gore keeps talking about.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #478 on: April 23, 2008, 09:48:56 AM »

The weather stn is not in town. For whatever reason it is in the next town north, which is on a hill. So it is always colder here.
My outside thermometer is hooped. But I'm thinking it is closer to about -15c (or lower) here.

That Gore fella has been too close, for too long, near some sort of grass fire...
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #479 on: April 24, 2008, 06:37:36 AM »

About the same as yesterday.....GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »